LPC54018 - How to use the debug via uart feature ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54018 - How to use the debug via uart feature ?

Jump to solution
kvhrs
Contributor I

I'm using the SDK 2.3.0 for the LPC54018 IoT_module. I'm trying to make the AWS shadow wifi example work, my problem is that no COM Port is emulate. 

I understood that as the SDK_DEBUG is defined to 1, I can't use semihosting. I checked that the UART box is checked when downloading the example. Do you have the same problem, and if yes did you find how to solve it ?

Have a nice day,

Kévin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kévin!

It's normal that you don't see any COM port emulated. Once you make all the configurations in you project (SSID of you wifi, your endpoint, etc.) Go to the debugg session and the program will stop at the first line waiting for you to click run. Go ahead and click run and once the debugg  session is running go to Tera Term (or the terminal you are using) and the COM port will be there, so you just have to select that and you are good to go. You don't have to change any configuration of the semi hosting or SDK_DEBUG.

Please let me know if you have any more questions! 

Have a great day, 

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kévin!

It's normal that you don't see any COM port emulated. Once you make all the configurations in you project (SSID of you wifi, your endpoint, etc.) Go to the debugg session and the program will stop at the first line waiting for you to click run. Go ahead and click run and once the debugg  session is running go to Tera Term (or the terminal you are using) and the COM port will be there, so you just have to select that and you are good to go. You don't have to change any configuration of the semi hosting or SDK_DEBUG.

Have a great day, 

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kvhrs
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your answer. We do wait for the program to stop at the first line, run it and then check for the COM port but we don’t get one.

I’ve tried the same program with the Segger IDE and it worked perfectly.

Also, sometimes the program don’t stop at the first line and run itself after cliking the debug button.

Have a great day,

Kevin

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : victorjimenez

Envoyé le :jeudi 15 mars 2018 18:42

À : Kévin Hérissé

Objet :Re: - Re: LPC54018 - How to use the debug via uart feature ? NXP Community

Re: LPC54018 - How to use the debug via uart feature ?

reply from Victor Jimenez in LPC - View the full discussion

Hello Kévin!

Have a great day, 

Victor.

0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You might need to install the device driver for the VCOM UART used by the application if you haven't done that before. This video shows those steps.

kvhrs
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer, it help make the project work. We still have few problems when we are in debug mode (the wifi connexion is not working). Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kévin!

The communication for this DEMO is USB, so if you stop in the debug mode this will break the communication and the program won't work correctly. So I recommend you to don't add break points and don't debug step by step, just run the whole application. If you get  some error you will see it at the console. 

Hope it helps!

Please let me know if you have more questions! 

Have a great day, 

Victor.

0 Kudos