Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC2103 Losing data in flash

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ABR15 on Tue May 10 04:48:11 MST 2016
Hi all. I'm using the sector 7 of flash to storage some data. This data is update rarely by the user, not by an event.

The problem is that some devices is losing this data and in other cases, this data is changed. But the firmware funtion that do this is called only with the interface programming, so in normal use it should not occur.

Is there any other way to erase or change this data? I thought about EMI or something like that, but it should change all the flash not only this sector.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ABR15 on Tue May 10 10:05:27 MST 2016

Quote: vtw.433e
Some question:
Is there a pattern to the corruption?
Have you verified that what is written is what you meant to write?
Over what time does the corruption occur?

Thanks for answer!

Is there a pattern to the corruption? No, the devices that I've verified had an irregular data on this sector of flash.
Have you verified that what is written is what you meant to write? Yes, but is different. This area should has only ASCII characteres (32 to 122 decimal), and now has other values.
Over what time does the corruption occur? I could not reproduce the problem here, in fact it is customer's devices. I think that there is an event there that is changing the values.

There is only one way to write the flash in the firmware. In the main() there is a test like that:

if(flag)
{
  write_flash();
}

And there is no pointer, no incorrect use to set this flag, only with the programming interface connected.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Tue May 10 08:32:57 MST 2016
Some question:
Is there a pattern to the corruption?
Have you verified that what is written is what you meant to write?
Over what time does the corruption occur?
0 Kudos