Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1830 Boot Rom error

Jump to solution
koenvanderaa
Contributor II

Hi,

We are making a new product with the LPC1830. If i test my software on the LPC-Xplorer demo board everything is fine. But now it should work on our own PCB. 

I use LPCXpresso if i start the debugger the flash is programmed without a error. But the debugger stops at address 0x10406a0c. This is in the 64kB ROM of the chip. This part is responsible for the startup of the chip.

I configured the boot resistors to SPIFI so this could not be the issue. Also al the pins i can measure are going high and not tri state. Is this maybe the problem? 

So if somebody ever saw the same problem or if there is a engineer from NXP how knows what is happening on this address please help me.

Regards, 

Koen Van der Aa

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
koenvanderaa
Contributor II

Hi, 

The problem is ok now. we had pin 2_7 connect to the GND because of this the chip went in to UART boot mode but we do not want this. 

Thanks! 

Koen Van der Aa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
koenvanderaa
Contributor II

Hi, 

The problem is ok now. we had pin 2_7 connect to the GND because of this the chip went in to UART boot mode but we do not want this. 

Thanks! 

Koen Van der Aa

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Koen Van der Aa,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

I'm a bit confused with this issue.

At first, you mentioned that your software can work well on the LPC-Xplorer board, however you said that the debugging operation has some troubles.

So I was wondering if you can describe the issue in more details, and I will appreciate if you share some screenshots.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos