Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1788 ethernet wakeup

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Tue Feb 02 00:03:19 MST 2016
hi,

i am using uezgui-1788-70wvm kit, i want to test ethernet with example provided by uez source code. For PHY connection which tools we have to use? i am new to communicate through MAC address. I found wireshark tool, this is only for receiving (i thought) or is there any transmit option??
Very 1st time we have to send magic frame to our module(LAN8720 through RJ45) for wake-up right? If is it right then how can we send? Means which tools i have to use??
OR it can communicate first time after initialization  when LPC1788 send data to wireshark?

thanks & regards,
padmaja.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

gauravsharma7
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Although this thread looks way old, however for the sake of completeness. One can use Wake on LAN windows GUI utility to send magic packet to a device on a local network. You just need to register the device by entering its MAC address.

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9nblggh51pb3?hl=en-us&gl=IN
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Sat Feb 06 01:53:52 MST 2016
hi,
For debug purpose we have to connect Lan cable from RJ45 connector (which is connected to LAN8720) to hub?
Or we can connect cross calbe through PC to LAN8720 of RJ45??
i was connected cross cable from Kit to pc, but i didn't recognize the ip address of kit.
I reffered this link (https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lan8720a-issues) i didn't even get any ip addresses and all as they mentioned in some wireshark screen shorts. That why i have doubt about this cross cable connection.

thanks & regards,
padmaja m.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Thu Feb 04 01:45:01 MST 2016
hi,
i was getting packets in wireshark, which i had send through LPC1788,but not getting TX_Done interrupt. getting receive done interrupts and wireshark received packets directly come to LPC1788. But i am not satisfied with this is this seems configuration part was successully done or i did any mistakes? why TX_Done is not comming? is it because of SA0,SA1,SA2 registers MAC address setting in wrong way? And is there any way to communicate through IP addresses??

thanks & regards,
padmaja.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Wed Feb 03 21:45:56 MST 2016
hi,
i am confusing with Memory allocation to RX descriptors and Tx descriptors. is that constant defaults provided by uez source code (uEZ_v2.06c_SourceForge\uEZ_v2.06c_SourceForge\uEZ\Source\Processor\NXP\LPC17xx_40xx\LPC17xx_40xx_EMAC.c) are correct?
Can anyone explain me about these defaults. i was unable to understand these memory locations allcoation.

thanks & regards,
padmaja m.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Wed Feb 03 01:33:02 MST 2016
hi,
With LPC1788 + LAN8720, we have to communicate using MAC id only or we can communicate with IP address also? I have probe using CRO and checked all ENET connections. some data is going through TXD0,TXD1,RXD0,RXD1. but in code nothing is happening means no interrupts was generated.
Another thing i was observed is ENET registers map address starts from 0x20084000. when i power enable ENET in PCONP register,ENET registers contained total memory is filled with 0xaaaaaaaa(observed in memory browser). Means is any other thing was disturbing ENET?

but if i write into registers and read at that time its values are valid. But main problem is how do i know initialization part is successfully done?
i saw magic packet in reference manual of lpc1788, Is magic packet was send from device(LAN8720) to host or host must be send magic packet to device?
please anyone clarify me, i really confusing mac address part also in some example they provided

/* Ethernet MAC address to use (default). */
#define emacMACADDR0   0x00
#define emacMACADDR1   0xBD
#define emacMACADDR2   0x33
#define emacMACADDR3   0x06
#define emacMACADDR4   0x68
#define emacMACADDR5   0x22  

iMACAddress[0] = emacMACADDR0;
  iMACAddress[1] = emacMACADDR1;
  iMACAddress[2] = emacMACADDR2;
  iMACAddress[3] = emacMACADDR3;
  iMACAddress[4] = emacMACADDR4;
  iMACAddress[5] = emacMACADDR5;

state-----------------------------------------1
     LPC_EMAC->SA0 = (p->iSettings.iMACAddress[5] << 8)
        | p->iSettings.iMACAddress[4];
    LPC_EMAC->SA1 = (p->iSettings.iMACAddress[3] << 8)
        | p->iSettings.iMACAddress[2];
    LPC_EMAC->SA2 = (p->iSettings.iMACAddress[1] << 8)
        | p->iSettings.iMACAddress[0];
state--------------------------------------------------2
But in document (UM10470.pdf) they mentioned
                 SA0[15:8] = 1st octet
                   SA0[7:0] = 2nd octet, etc.
if these bothe statements are true then 1st octet is emacMACADDR5 right?
if we want to send packets to host our packet format is <des add> <src add><opt VLAN><len> <paylod><FCS>
destination address octet 1 is stating from lsb to msb (bit-0 to bit-7),so we have to re-frame MAC addresses right?

thanks & regards,
padmaja m.
0 Kudos