cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 LWIP example linking

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackandrews on Mon Jul 01 09:43:01 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the LPCXpresso LPC1769 LWIP_tcpecho_sa example.  It compiles fine, but when linking, I get this error:

<code>Building target: lpc17xx_nxp_xpresso_1769_lwip_tcpecho_sa.axf</code><code>Invoking: MCU Linker</code><code>arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"..\..\..\nxp_xpresso_1769_board_lib\Debug" -Xlinker -Map="lpc17xx_nxp_xpresso_1769_lwip_tcpecho_sa.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -T lpc176x.ld -L "..\..\..\..\..\examples\lwip\lwip_tcpecho_sa\linkerscripts" -o "lpc17xx_nxp_xpresso_1769_lwip_tcpecho_sa.axf"  ./src/cr_startup_lpc17xx40xx.o ./src/echo.o ./src/lwip_tcpecho_sa.o  ./lwiplpc/lpc17xx_40xx_emac.o ./lwiplpc/lpc17xx_40xx_systick_arch.o ./lwiplpc/lpc_debug.o  ./lwip/autoip.o ./lwip/def.o ./lwip/dhcp.o ./lwip/dns.o ./lwip/etharp.o ./lwip/icmp.o ./lwip/igmp.o ./lwip/inet.o ./lwip/inet_chksum.o ./lwip/init.o ./lwip/ip.o ./lwip/ip_addr.o ./lwip/ip_frag.o ./lwip/mem.o ./lwip/memp.o ./lwip/netif.o ./lwip/pbuf.o ./lwip/raw.o ./lwip/stats.o ./lwip/sys.o ./lwip/tcp.o ./lwip/tcp_in.o ./lwip/tcp_out.o ./lwip/timers.o ./lwip/udp.o   -lnxp_xpresso_1769_board_lib</code><code>c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_5.2.4_2122/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lnxp_xpresso_1769_board_lib</code><code>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status</code><code>make: *** [lpc17xx_nxp_xpresso_1769_lwip_tcpecho_sa.axf] Error 1</code>

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jack

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Jul 11 12:54:00 MST 2013

Yes - in the LPCOpen v1.03 platform, there is LWIP example using the LPCXpresso LPC1769 board and the base board (for PHY).

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-platform

http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/group___e_x_a_m_p_l_e___l_w_i_p___t_c_p_e_c_h_o___s_a__17_x_x4...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by guc on Thu Jul 11 07:54:44 MST 2013

is there a IAR project for LPC1769 micro using LWIP 

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackandrews on Tue Jul 02 08:04:59 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the example to work.  Windows is not reporting any packets received and neither is wireshark.  I've enabled full debugging meassages and I'm seeing things such as:

<code>lpc_low_level_output: pbuf packet(0x2007c64a) sent, chain#=0, size = 350 (index=3)</code>

<div>(suggesting somthing <em>should</em> have been sent correctly... but it never gets to wireshark)</div>
<div><code>lpc_low_level_input: Packet received: 0x2007d25c, size 60 (index=3)</code><code>ethernet_input: dest:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, src:00:07:02:0b:2c:00, type:806</code><code>etharp_update_arp_entry: 0.0.0.0 - 00:07:02:0b:2c:00</code><code>etharp_update_arp_entry: will not add non-unicast IP address to ARP cache</code><code>etharp_arp_input: incoming ARP request</code><code>etharp_arp_input: we are unconfigured, ARP request ignored.</code></div>
<div>(suggesting that packets are being received)</div>
<div>Any ideas how to debug this further?</div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Jack</div>
<div>EDIT: problem solved... turned out to be the rubbish USB ethernet NIC I was using.  Possibly wasn't supporting Auto-MDIX?</div>
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackandrews on Tue Jul 02 02:28:11 MST 2013

Hi, thanks for your help.  It turns out I needed to import the 'nxp_xpresso_1769_board_lib' project, build that, and then build the lwip example.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sundar on Mon Jul 01 23:05:48 MST 2013

In windows Xpresso has the path limitation to &lt; 260 characters.

Regards,

Sundar.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sundar on Mon Jul 01 23:02:23 MST 2013

Make sure your project is not too deep inside the directory tree. Better to keep project inside a smaller path like "c:\lpcopen". If you have something like "C:\my_wrkarea\testing\boards\lpcopen" then subst it like this "subst X: C:\my_wrkarea\testing\boards\lpcopen" and compile the project from "X:\"

Regards,

Sundar.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Jul 01 11:33:00 MST 2013

&gt;<code>cannot find -lnxp_xpresso_1769_board_lib</code><code></code><code></code>

It can't find the chip/board library for the LPC1769 board. This library should automatically be built when you built your project unless the configuration for the library and example do not match.

&gt;<code>-L"..\..\..\nxp_xpresso_1769_board_lib\Debug"</code>

It's trying to use the debug library. Is your example also configured for debug too?

<strong>Selecting the build configuration for the libraries and examples</strong>
The Xpresso projects by default are configured for DEBUG optimization. At this level, the generated code isn't too efficient, but the code is easier to debug and step through.
Optionally, the projects can be configured for RELEASE optimization, which allows for a smaller and higher performance image at the expense of debug simplicity. To select the DEBUG or RELEASE level optimization, right-click on the projects and select DEBUG or RELEASE from the "Build configuration-&gt;Set Active" menu. All examples and projects must be configured to the same level when performing builds.

http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/_q_u_i_c_k_s_t_a_r_t__l_p_c_o_p_e_n__t_o_o_l_c_h_a_i_n__x_p_r_...

0 Kudos