cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 EOL?

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

the availability of LPC1769 is really bad at the moment. Mouser and Digikey have discontinued the part that I bought so far (LPC1769FBD100,551), Farnell even states that the device is no longer manufactured:

danielholala_0-1614848527824.png

Mouser states that there's a replacement but it has a lead time of 52 weeks:

danielholala_1-1614848688295.png

What is correct and what is the current production status of this device at NXP?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

bgudgel
Contributor I

Distributers cannot get these parts either.

The situation is extremely bad.

K7IQ
0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

The LPC1769 is not EOL, this part is in the longevity program so the part will not be EOL until the program ends.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

@Omar_Anguiano Omar, thanks, can you please confirm that we calculated correctly and that the longevity program of LPC1769 will run until end of 2024?

What is the difference between LPC1769FBD100,551 and LPC1769FBD100K? The product data sheet is silent about the "K" part number.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

You are correct, the LPC1769 will be at the longevity program until the end of 2024.
The difference between LPC1769FBD100,551 and LPC1769FBD100K is the packing.

Let me know if this answers your questions, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Dear @Omar_Anguiano ,

I'm so glad that I ordered my share of LPC1769 devices end of January. Now about a month later, this device is not available any more. I do not dare to imagine what would have happened if I hadn't place my order then. It was sheer luck.

This device is not EOL as you confirmed, nevertheless, the lead time of 52 weeks is unexpected to me. 

Is this usual to expect that NXP devices get out-of-stock for a whole year? 

Can I count on NXP to make the device available in about a year again?

Thanks.
Dan

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Your question about availability is understandable, given the overall industrial situation with supply of semiconductors. There are many analysis articles posted in many of the specialized publications about this, they are giving a good background about the initial trigger and dynamics that happened to our industry within the last year.

However, please understand that we will not discuss this in more detail here in the forum.
I apologize for not being able to answer your last questions.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, @Omar_Anguiano , for responding.

You write:

However, please understand that we will not discuss this in more detail here in the forum.
I apologize for not being able to answer your last questions.

If not here in the forum, where can I get the answers to my questions?

As a customer to NXP products (albeit in relative low quantities) I think these a valid questions that deserve an answer. Especially, as other and more recent controllers from NXP (i.e., LPC552*) also have low availability. Going forward, I learned not to choose the controller based on technical features only but also on availability. Further, choosing the package might make a big difference in availability (i.e., move from HLQFP to VFBGA for better availability). I think to make the right decisions this needs to be discussed with someone with expert knowledge from NXP.

Cheers,
Dan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

according to this

https://www.nxp.com/products/product-information/product-longevity:PRDCT_LONGEVITY_HM

lpc1769fbd100 has a longevity of 15 years from launch in December 2009...

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

I also did not expect its EOL until 2024, however, I think that a device not being available for a year is close to being EOL. At least this shortage of supply is very unexpected and motivates me to replace this processor on existing designs sooner rather than later.

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

You might want approach NXP or an official distributor directly, to get clarification.

Normally, silicon vendors are messaging their clients about impending EOL events and possible last-buy options. I am (i.e. my company) in the middle of one, for a MCU from the mid-90s. Quantities per type are in the 4-digit range, so not really huge.