cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1768 HardFault

Jump to solution
domneck
Contributor II

For a fresh chip when i flash code using LPCXpresso getting HardFault error and same when i try to flash using segger software by manually selecting hex file its fine I am not able to understand what is the issue.

Please help me on this issue

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
domneck
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I have verified part no. and MCU settings.

Only with fresh chip i am facing this issue with LPCXpresso and once i flash with J-Link Debugger V2.14i. software its fine , even with LPCXpresso its working 

Screenshot of LPCXpresso Error

Error.JPG

Screenshot of J-Link Debugger V2.14i software image

J-Link Debugger V2.14i.JPG.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Domneck S,

Did you select the correct part number in your LPCXpresso IDE?

Please check your MCU setting, you should use the same part number as the chip on your board.

If the IDE MCU setting is correct, please also give us your error picture.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
domneck
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I have verified part no. and MCU settings.

Only with fresh chip i am facing this issue with LPCXpresso and once i flash with J-Link Debugger V2.14i. software its fine , even with LPCXpresso its working 

Screenshot of LPCXpresso Error

Error.JPG

Screenshot of J-Link Debugger V2.14i software image

J-Link Debugger V2.14i.JPG.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Domneck S,

It seems the problem is caused only by combined LPCXpresso IDE, JLINK and the new chip(erase all chip flash) together, I have reproduced it on my side.

I also have checked these ways:

1. the CMSIS DAP debugger, mase erased chip(new chip) and LPCXpresso IDE, no problem.

2. JLINK, mase erased chip(new chip) and IAR IDE, no problem.

Maybe you also can consider to use the CMSIS DAP with the LPCXpresso IDE,  the LPC-LINK2 have the CMSIS DAP debugger function.

About the problem, I found a way maybe help you, when the new chip downloaded with JLINK and LPCXpress IDE meet the g_pfnvectors error ,  then exit the debug mode, power off the board, and power on the board, use the JLINK download the code, and click run, the code will work, you can try it on your side.

I will also try to report this problem to our LPCXpresso IDE department.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos