cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1549JBD64QL Alternatives?

garyaltenberg
Contributor II

Hello,

I designed a board using the LPC1549JBD64QL. These parts, like many others, seem to be impossible to purchase lately. Can anyone suggest an alternative part that could fit my needs?

My board communicates via CAN bus to another board with an LPC43xx processor. I need internal flash for the code. It uses 7 ADC inputs, 6 PWM outputs via the SCTs and 11 GPIOs. The main feature I need is the ability to be able to update the flash using the CAN bus. I have all the code working to update the firmware via CAN from the LPC43xx part. I think I can do the PWMs with timer and GPIOs if I had to but the updating via CAN is the thing holding me back from using another part.

Thank you for any input someone might have!

Regards,

Gary Altenberg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi garyaltenberg

We don't have pin to pin replacement for LPC1549. 

I suggest you considering LPC546xx.

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

Here is ordering options. FYI.

ZhangJennie_0-1621835316128.png

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

garyaltenberg
Contributor II

Hi Jun Zhang,

The feature I really need that the LPC15xx parts have is the ability to update the firmware via CAN bus. I don't see that in the LPC546xx. Do you know of any other parts that have that feature?

Thank you,

Gary Altenberg

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

If ISP CAN boot is must,  I suggest you checking LPC1547/48. Besides, as far as I know only LPC11Cxx has on chip CAN drivers. But LPC11Cxx is M0 core which has lower performance than LPC15xx

other newer LPCs don't have ISP CAN boot. User needs to develop one's own CAN secondary bootloader if need.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

garyaltenberg
Contributor II

I know the LPC15xx parts have what I need. I cannot purchase any of them. That's the whole point of this post.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It's global chip shortage. It impacts all LPCs. 

If LPC11C is not suitable, I would suggest you choose LPC54xx and develop secondary CAN bootloader.

0 Kudos