LPC1549 SPI0 SSEL0 never gets low

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1549 SPI0 SSEL0 never gets low

svensavic
Contributor III

I am not sure what am I doing wrong, but ssel0 never gets pulled low. I am using lpcxpresso1549 board with arduino ethernet shield. Pins are configured in SWM as per arduino requirement.

P0.12 - MISO

P0.28 - Mosi

P0.14 - SCK

P0.27 - SSEL0

Checking PINASSIGN3 and 4, shows correct assignment. I left IOCON as default.

SPI0 is enabled, TXCTL->SEL0 = 1, rest are 0.

CFG->SPOL0 = 0; CFG->MASTER = 1; CFG->CPHA = 0; CFG->CPOL = 0; 

SYSCON->SYSAHBCLKCTRL1->SPI0 = 1

Starting spi0 write, ssel never gets low.

SPI->STAT->RXRDY = 1; TXRDY = 1; STALLED = 1; SSA = 1; ENDTRANSFER = 0; IDLE = 0;

If I control the ssel pin manually I get some garbage on the clock and master out (not what I would expect to get), also after burst of 8bits spi0 status go to stalled.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

The logic in TXDATCTL that controls the SSEL pins is inverted, so bit 16 (TXSSEL0) should be 0 and bits 17-19 (TXSSEL1 to TXSSEL3) should be 1.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Sven Savic ,

Recommend you first refer to the SPi demo under LPCopen:

LPCOpen Software for LPC15XX | NXP  

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

svensavic
Contributor III

Ok, I have checked the sample code and it works on the same shield. What I have noticed in the sample code is that it is setting IOCON for pins in undocumented way ??

#define IOCON_DIGMODE_EN (0x1 << 7) /*!< Enables digital function (analog pins only) */ Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, 0, 27, (IOCON_MODE_INACT | IOCON_DIGMODE_EN));

Untitled 2.png

In the documentation 7th bit is defined as reserved while in the code it is set to digital mode enable. Which one is correct ?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sven,

Both are right, you can see the Reset value of bit 7 is 1, so there is no matter whether config like code.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos