LPC11U14 Virtual COM driver for Windows10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U14 Virtual COM driver for Windows10

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

We are using the LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board as USB to Serial communication tool.

This board working correctly if we use Windows7 PC.

Last week, we replace PC from Windows7 PC to Windows10 PC.

The Windows10 PC does not recognize the LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board.

We think that it is necessary to install the Virtual COM driver for Windows10, but we cannot find it.

Please send the Virtual COM driver for Windows10 as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashima,

Could you please tell me how is the computer recognizing the LPC (in the device manager)?  If you can attach a screenshot would be perfect. 

Regards,

Victor. 

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Victor

Thank you for your reply.

I attached the following files.

- Screen shot of Device Manager

- LPC11U14 VCOM driver file

I'm very sorry, I was telling you the wrong information about the PC I am using.

Here is corrected PC information.

Previously I'm using Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3, Windows XP PC can recognized LPC11U14 VCOM driver and it working correctly.

Currently, I'm using Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32-bit), Windows 7 PC does not working correctly with attached VCOM driver.

Does the attached VCOM driver work properly with Windows 7?

Please advise to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashima,

The drivers you are using are not the correct ones. Please install the following drivers.  

Once I installed the drivers I ran the example VirtualSerialDevice of the LPCOpen for the LPC11U14 on a PC with Windows 7 32-bit. I updated the virtual COM driver for the one I just installed. 

pastedImage_2.jpg

At the end the PC recognized the Virtual com successfully. 

pastedImage_3.jpg

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Victor Jimenez,

Thank you for your reply.

The drivers  you taught include firmware.bin.

They want to check whether firmware.bin can be used to update the LPC-LINK firmware of LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board.

I think that they cannot do that.

Because the MCU of LPC-LINK of LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board is LPC3154, but the MCU of LPC-LINK of LPCXpresso LPC11U37H board is LPC4322.

Please tell us they can update the LPC-LINK firmware of LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board with firmware.bin as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashima,

Could you please confirm if the problem you are facing on your Windows 7 PC is that your device is being recognized as shown below.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

I was able to reproduce this behavior in a PC running Windows 10, but not with Windows 7. After a little research I found out that this problem was due to Windows itself and has nothing to do with the firmware of the board. To fix this on my Windows 10 PC I followed the procedure mentioned in the following link: Windows 10 V1803: HCVI causes driver error code 39 | Born's Tech and Windows World  That fixed the problem as shown below.

pastedImage_2.png

After, I just boot the debug probe with the help of MCUXpresso and everything went OK. 

pastedImage_3.png

For a PC running windows 7 the procedure is different, you can follow the steps mentioned in the following link: How to Delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters I couldn't test this procedure since in my PC with windows 7 I didn't face any problem, so please let me know the results on your side. 

Regards,

Victor. 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashima,

The drivers attached before are only for the virtual COM of the LPC11U14 within the LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board. These drivers are for the connector J8 of the board. 

pastedImage_2.png

The firmware.bin of these drivers cannot be use to update the firmware of the LPC-LINK of this board. As you mentioned the LPC-LINK is a LPC3154 and the drivers attached before are for the LPC11U14. 

I will investigate the correct way to update the drivers of the LPC-LINK of this board. I will let you know as soon as I have the answer. 

Regards,

Victor. 

0 Kudos