LPC-Link2 : Is there a VCOM when using J-Link driver ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link2 : Is there a VCOM when using J-Link driver ?

Jump to solution
ybdecawave
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I am using the LPC-Link2 to debug a board under IAR ide. 

I have successfully been switching between CMSIS and J-link driver using LPCScrypt, but when using the J-link driver, I don't see any virtual com port associated to the board, only a J-link device. Is that expected ? 

In the NXP example below, it seems possible to have a virtual com port when using the LPC-Link2 as a J-link debugger (see 7:40 min)

Introduction to getting started with Amazon FreeRTOS and the LPC54018 IoT Module|NXP 

It is also specified on segger website :

LPCXpresso on-board | SEGGER - The Embedded Experts 

Thanks a lot,

Yves

0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yves,

The firmware image for LPCXpresso V2 and V3 boards does include VCOM as of about a year ago. Make sure you are using the latest version of LPCScrypt to program your debug probe. The version for the standalone LPC-Link2 probe currently does not support this feature though.

I'll be talking to SEGGER about adding VCOM to LPC-Link2 ... the hardware does actually support it.

regards,

Brendon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yves,

The firmware image for LPCXpresso V2 and V3 boards does include VCOM as of about a year ago. Make sure you are using the latest version of LPCScrypt to program your debug probe. The version for the standalone LPC-Link2 probe currently does not support this feature though.

I'll be talking to SEGGER about adding VCOM to LPC-Link2 ... the hardware does actually support it.

regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos
ybdecawave
Contributor I

Hi guys,

For the record there is apparently not VCOM interface when using LPC-Link-2 with Jlink.

Jlink Segger Driver for LPC-Link2 nxp board : is virtual comport included ? - J-Link/Flasher related... 

Thanks

Yves

0 Kudos