LPC-Link 2 not recognized any more...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link 2 not recognized any more...

juanabelaira
Contributor III

I have this LPC-link 2 that suddenly doesn't work neither with LPCxpresso or Flash Magic.

On Device Manager it appears as just 'LPC' and curiously its PID and VID are:

USB\VID_0008&PID_000C&REV_0100

That I think is not the right values, VID for NXP should be 1FC9, right? Could it be that it got corrupted?

I am thinking now if there is a way of reflashing it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Juan Abelaira,

About the lpcscrypt command, you also can refer to this document:

https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/389045-1-377767/LPCScrypt_User_Guide_5.pdf 

Chapter 4.

Have a great day,
kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Juan,

When you use the Flash Magic to download the debugger code, do you remove the block between JP1?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

juanabelaira
Contributor III

There is no jumper link on JP1, I have it on JP2 to power the target (sometimes)

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Juan Abelaira,

Now, please follow my steps to check the LPCLINK2 detail problems:

1. Remove the jumper on JP1

2. Open Boot LPCScrypt under your lpcscrypt

3. Input: cd bin

4. input: lpcscrypt querypart

just check whether the LPC4370 have problem or not.

5. input: lpcscrypt queryflash

Just check whether the on board external flash have problem or not.

This is my test result:

pastedImage_1.png

Please check it at first, and give me you screenshot.

Waiting for your reply!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

juanabelaira
Contributor III

Thanks Kerry, below is my result, basically the USB is not recognised.

ppp.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Juan Abelaira,

When remove the JP1, and open device and printers in the control panel, can you find the LPC device?

38.jpg

If the LPCscript still useless, I think your on board LPC4370 maybe damaged, not just the software lost problem.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

juanabelaira
Contributor III

I have a second Lpc-Link2, I'm wondering if it's possible to reflash the faulty one.

I learnt lpc-link2 gets a new firmware when connected to LPCXpresso, a physical disconnection when doing that may have left it with the flash corrupted.

Problems I have with this repair way:

- Can't find the firmware images for lpc-link2 (is it only the bootloader needed?)

- Can't choose LPC4370 as the device.

0 Kudos