Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDO_ENABLE to omit VDDCORE supply?

Jump to solution
__marvin__
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently designing a PCB utilizing the MIMXRT633SFVKB IC.
Because there are a lot of space restrictions on that PCB, I don't want to use a PMIC and further would like to leave VDDCORE unrouted. Instead I would like to make use of the internal LDO.

I'm wondering, if I understood the LDO_ENABLE pin correctly though.
Here's the description from the datasheet:
nxp_screenshot_1.PNG

Does this mean that LDO_ENABLE will  --once pulled up-- supply the needed voltage of 1v2 to the core unit? (Under the precondition that all other supplies are correctly provided)

Just for completeness sake, here's the relevant part of my schematic:

nxp_screenshot_2.PNG

Hope to hear from you.

All the best,
marvin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marvin,

You are correct, however, you must place a 4.7 uF in the VDDCORE pin. Please check section 1.3 Power Sequencing of the datasheet. First section describes power sequence when using internal LDO instead of PMIC.

FelipeGarcia_0-1619547833520.png

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marvin,

You are correct, however, you must place a 4.7 uF in the VDDCORE pin. Please check section 1.3 Power Sequencing of the datasheet. First section describes power sequence when using internal LDO instead of PMIC.

FelipeGarcia_0-1619547833520.png

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

__marvin__
Contributor II

Hi Felipe,

thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos