cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It requires 3 to 4 times to reset the MCU to display the string on LCD

vidhya1
Contributor III

Hi,

During flashing the code to the MCU , to display the string/character on LCD it requires 3 to 4 times[or sometimes more

then that] to press the reset button on the board, why is it requires to press the reset button so many times, I'm using

LPCXpresso845MAX OM13097 REV A development board., Since I was interfacing LPC845 with 8x2 lcd using GPIO

pins, for initially when I flash the code to the MCU it didn't displayed anything, later when I reset it 3 to 4 times, then

the data is writing to the LCD.

Kindly suggest how to solve this issue.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

You are having a problem in the initialization of the LCD, please review the User Manual or Datasheet of your LCD, you must not given the complete initialization or the latency of the Enable signal of your LCD it is not correct, you are using a very small clock, increase the delay of the Enable signal, and check the power supply of the LCD. 

Have a nice day!

Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos