cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is lpcware.com dead or just down?

Jump to solution
omegahacker
Contributor II

For the last several days I've kept running into roadblocks where about 2/3rds of the resources I'm trying to get my hands on are located on lpcware.com, which has not been responding.  The site's had a comment for a while about how "all content is moving to nxp.com", but that very much is not the case as far as I can tell.  The most immediate example is AN1117 and the various multicore example projects for the lpc43xx.  Neither google or nxp.com are able to find any hint of them existing anywhere *except* lpcware.com, and every page that references them (especially those on nxp.com) all link to lpcware.com.

If it really is NXP's intent to completely shut off lpcware.com, then they'd better pay attention to all the content they're outright eliminating.  They need to go through the entirety of their documentation and correct every single link, after verifying that the content linked to actually *exists* on nxp.com.

Don't get me started on the amount of *ancient* data that comes up whenever searching for anything.  NXP has changed horses so many times over the years that I'm far more likely to find examples and documentation for something that's 2 or even 3 generations back, rather than something that actually matters.

If it weren't for the ADCHS, I'd be looking elsewhere, honestly.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik. 

Are you looking for something in specific?

Do you have the links that you are trying to access that are not giving you the content?

I have attached two multi-core examples for the LPC43XX family hoping that this is what you are looking for. If they are not what you need can you guide me on what exactly you are looking for please.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcprager
Contributor III

Hi Erik,

it's a pity NXP is shutting down lpcware.com . I used to be a member of the forum there and I waited nearly on year now until I decided to join the current forum - of course with my nickname and history stripped off. At least, the imported the

text of the postings as user 'lpcware'.

I've seen something similar before on www.fotocommunity.de , a German photographers' platform. One day, they decided to make everything new and better and lost a considerable number of users. I believe, such action (losing members) is outright intentional in order to anonymize the 'population'. Getting rid of those who have strong opinion allows a company to

do anything they want to the remaining ones - without much uproar. Inflation of *real human* effort eliminates the outstanding indivuals, and this is the intention of all the renewing.

Next improvement to come...Why should I access this forum from a mobile? Anybody programming LPCs on his mobile?? Hahaha ;-)

No, 'they' need even more 'point and click' programmers, completely unable to do anything from scratch. That's it.

Our society is evolving into a 7billion cloned 'sheep' plus a few shephards and dogs...

Erik, what you complain about, is just one of the small steps towards that aim.

Marc

0 Kudos
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik. 

Are you looking for something in specific?

Do you have the links that you are trying to access that are not giving you the content?

I have attached two multi-core examples for the LPC43XX family hoping that this is what you are looking for. If they are not what you need can you guide me on what exactly you are looking for please.

Regards,

0 Kudos
omegahacker
Contributor II

lpcware appears to be back up again today, but that doesn't resolve the various problems with shutting down the site.  Google still points 2/3 to 3/4 of all searches to it, and there is a massive amount of content (not just forum posts but entire sets of NXP-generated material) that simply don't appear to exist anywhere else.

0 Kudos