cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input to Alexa in text format

tanmayparashar9
Contributor I

Hello,

I am currently working with the LPC 54018 module, Alexa and AWS. Please may I know where can I see the input that I give Alexa in a text string format at the cloud services side? ( Alexa Skills, AWS Lambda, AWS- IoT)

For example if I give an input to Alexa saying  ( Turn on the LED)- where can I see this particular input in a text string format so that I know that the information is correctly received?

Looking forward for your reply!

Thank You.

Regards,

Tanmay

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

tanmayparashar9
Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I will try the alternatives as suggested.

I wasn't able to reply to the previous question which was "Regarding LPC 54018 module". You had given me an answer there to which I wanted to reply back but couldn't due to some reasons.

The project that I am trying to run is a simple LED program. I have attached the code folder to my question. You can have a look.

This is what I can see at under shadow corresponding to my thing:

{   "desired": {     "LEDstate": 0   },   "reported": {     "LEDstate": 0   } }

Also, my on board LED does not light up in any case. It is always OFF. Ideally when I power up the board the LED should glow right?

I am not trying to understand where the issue is..

Thank You

Regards,

Tanmay

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tanmay,

Let me know if the alternatives work out for you. As far as the other question we can continue on that thread.

Thank you,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tanmay,

I would recommend using the Test page in the Developer Console. You can test most  functionality in a skill, including dialogs, progressive responses (with limitations), and entity resolution.

It gives you three options: Alexa simulator, manual Json or Voice & tone.

In addition you should have the "Device Log" checked in this section so it possible to check the activity and what is ocurring with your Alexa skill.

Let me know if this helps,

Sabina

0 Kudos