How to select sample point for arbitration and data field in CAN FD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select sample point for arbitration and data field in CAN FD?

ponalagappan
Contributor III

Hello Techies,

I am working in CAN FD. I am trying with 500kbps/2Mbps Nominal(arbitration) and data bitrate.

When i am choosing Nominal sampling point : 80 , Data sampling point : 70                

Nominal sampling point : 70 , Data sampling point : 65

CAN FD transmission is working.

But when i am choosing same sampling point for both nominal and data bits, then it is not working.

For example Nominal sampling point : 80 , Data sampling point : 80

Nominal sampling point : 70 , Data sampling point : 70

For these settings CAN FD transmission is not working.

Is that anything is not proper in my settings or Is there any logic behind this selection of sample point between

nominal and data fields.

Thanks

Alagappan            

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi pon alagappan,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
Please using the mcan demo which is from the SDK for testing, on my site, the demo works well when Data sampling point is equal to the Nominal sampling point.
SDK:
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ponalagappan
Contributor III

Hi jeremyzhou,

Neither i am able to view any code/settings nor able to download software package. Download option in the link  you mentioned was disabled.

Thanks

Pon Alagappan M

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi pon alagappan,

You need to build the SDK manually, the thread illustrate the complete steps.

How to: install KSDK 2.0 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos