Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program the EEPROM externally

nxp68994
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi NXP comunity team,

I have another question which I cannot find in the documentation. The LPC18S37, like other LPC family members, has a separate EEPROM memory of 16K size. The user manual explains how to erase and write to the EEPROM via software from the controller software. But I want to write to EEPROM from one of the programming tools like MCUXresso or LPCScrypt.

The EEPROM is suitable for storing custom board information, such as a serial number or the MAC address for the Ethernet interface. While the program software is the same on every board, only specific data should be stored in the EEPROM that can be programmed externally in a separate process. Unfortunately, I find no information, if and how to program the EEPROM from the outside, so with MCUXpresso.

For instance, for NXP chip PN7462, the EEPROM memory is externally programmable.

Thank you,
Wolf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear nxp68994‌,

In the next section of the reference manual mention that EEPROM can't be program directly.

pastedImage_5.png

Also if you check the Memory Map of the LPC18s3x in the examples it doesn't mention the EEPROM section in this and if you check the same for the PN7462 it has some space in the EEPROM memory as available.

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

PN7462                                     -                                         LPC183x

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

nxp68994
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Alexis,

thank you for clarifying. It would be nice if it had been possible.

Wolf

0 Kudos