Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program my custom board with a LPC54102

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jhd on Fri Dec 11 05:03:22 MST 2015
Hello,

I need to implement a way to load the code to my custom board with NXP LPC54102. Trough microUSB B. 

I have seen LPC-Link2 but I can not use it to my custom board.

######################
Licensing
SEGGER created a firmware which runs on the NXP LPC-Link 2, making it J-Link compatible. In order to make use of this firmware, the following Terms Of Use must be accepted:
The firmware is only to be used with NXP target devices. Using it with other devices is prohibited and illegal.
The firmware is for use with evaluation boards only. It is not for use with custom hardware.
The firmware may only be used for development and/or evaluation purposes. It may not be used for production purposes.
The firmware is made available without any warranty and without support.
#####################

So what do you recommend?

Best regards.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jhd on Tue Dec 15 13:41:55 MST 2015
Yes very helpful to me. Thanks.

I'll buy a LPCXpresso54102.

I have added this connector with low profile FTSH-105-01-l-dv

As in attached image.

I used 10K resistor 0.125W/1/8W  +-5%  0805  for SWCLK and SWDIO. It's okay?

Regards

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Sat Dec 12 13:53:38 MST 2015

Quote: Javier.Hernandez

Now I need to implement CMSIS-DAP y JTAG/SWD interface in my custom board as in LPC54102 Xpresso v2/3 or LPC1769 Xpresso with CMSIS-DAP

Why don't you just buy an LPC-Link2? Or use the one built into an LPCxpresso V2 or V3 board - such as the LPCXpresso54102?

https://www.lpcware.com/LPCXpressoBoards

Then all you need to do is ensure you have a debug connector on your board!

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-design

HTH
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jhd on Sat Dec 12 13:09:18 MST 2015
Hello!,

Thanks for the reply,

I have installed LPC Expresso IDE (Eclipse based tool, Mars (4.5)) (free version (8.0.0.201511182220), I have to buy Pro edition) in my Kubuntu 15 desktop (64 bits) (with 32-bits libraries to lpcscrypt).  Also I have installed LPCscrypt (NXP LPC Scripting tool. v.1.6.0 (Build 404)).

Now I need to implement CMSIS-DAP y JTAG/SWD interface in my custom board as in LPC54102 Xpresso v2/3 or LPC1769 Xpresso with CMSIS-DAP

Regards

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Dec 11 06:32:14 MST 2015
Use the CMSIS-DAP image for your LPC-Link2 instead? https://www.lpcware.com/LPCScrypt

You could then tools from many providers, including NXP's LPCXpresso IDE, to program via the LPC-Link2.

Or buy a full Segger probe?

Or use Flashmagic and the ISP mode of your LPC54102?

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos