Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to look debug console output using lpc-lin2

subodhmankar
Contributor II

Hi,

I am able to flash axf files using lpclink2 using command

crt_emu_cm_redlink --flash-load-exec  "/lpcxpresso54s618_demo_apps_hello_world.axf" -g --debug 2  --vendor NXP -p LPC54S618J512  -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 --reset vectreset  -x /home/xxxxx/mcuxpresso/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/LPC54S618J512_support  --flash-dir /home/xxxxx/mcuxpresso/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/LPC54S618J512_support/Flash 

I want to look debug console output from board lpc54608 using lpc-link2 on computer terminal.

Please let me know suggestions

IMG_20170721_082253.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Subodh Mankar,

Do you have solved your problem? I find this post is assumed answered.

Actually, you don't need to connect the lpcxpresso54s618 console to the external LPC-LINK2, because lpcxpresso54s618 already have the on board debug, you can try the on board debugger.

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

subodhmankar
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I am able to use eval-board debugger.

But when we use custom board which has only 54608/54618/54s618 then how to use lpc-link2.
In MCUXPRESSO IDE we can use in debug mode but I want to see printf outputs on console/Terminal (minicom) using lpc-link2

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Subodh Mankar,

Thank you for your updated information.

I have checked the LPC-LINK2 schematic, the on board virtual COM port didn't fan out.

So, in your own board, I think you can find a TTL-USB tool to realize the printf function with PC.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos