How to implement Ethernet over USB in an ARM Cortex-M?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Ethernet over USB in an ARM Cortex-M?

phirung
Contributor II

I've just joined the NXP website and Community after deciding to use one of your ARM Cortex-M MCUs in my new project.

The MCU will provide User interface via USB in two modes, a programming API and Browser via HTML pages. I therefore need to implement a TCP/IP protocol stack for use by the USB section, probably under CDC-ECM. I've not coded anything like this before, and am hoping that NXP has relevant application notes and perhaps some demo code, maybe even library modules.

Could anyone assist with some suggestions as to what might be available and where to find it? The chips presently under consideration are the LPC11U6x family.

Tags (1)
2 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phirun, I hope you're doing well!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but currently, there's no existing TCP/IP stack available for the LPC11U6x Family of devices as it does not include an Ethernet module.

Unfortunately, the implementation of a TCP/IP stack for this device would have to be custom made.

The available USB examples for this MCU family can be found in the LPCOpen code package, here.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

phirung
Contributor II

Thanks Sebastian. I figured it would be a "roll your own" job, but there are app notes from other manufs scattered about. In any case I was planning to go direct to the USB specs and work from the ground up. Takes a bit longer, but the debug time is usually MUCH shorter. I've also found the Mbed site and it's tools, so i'm now feeling confident about working with NXP ARM chips.

0 Kudos