cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to factory reset LPC55S06

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

Hi,

I have some issues using LPC55S06-EVK for SECURE-BOOT and SBKEK/USERKEK AES Keys.

Secure Boot is enable, SWD is disable and can only be enable using Secure Debug but I have some issue with nxpdebugmbox auth and with internal Key (USERKEK, SBKEK).

PFR region is not sealed.

How can I reconfigure the dev kit as it come from factory ? ( i know tha cfpa version should be increment each time).

For exemple, I want to disable secure boot and remove all key/allocation code.

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

I have already brick 6 dev kit. Can you give me the way to disable secure boot and come back in unsigned mode.

Thanks

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aurelien_Grange 

I hope you are doing well. 

You can try to set the MCU to boot plain images again using below settings on the elftosb gui. This is only in the CMPA.

diego_charles_0-1655827101839.png

However, for this we need to have ISP enabled. 

All the best,

Diego.

0 Kudos

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

Hi, I can't download elftosb-gui, Download stop after begin (I don't know if problem is from my side ir from your server side). So I canot test it for know.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aurelien_Grange 

Did you continued to have  issues obtaining the tool? Or where you able to recover any of your parts?

Diego

0 Kudos

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

Aurelien_Grange_1-1654583870989.png

0 Kudos

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

Hi,

I try to use MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning to come back in unsigned mode .

All command success (send empty CMPA, erase flash , and send binary) but since I can't connect with blhost, nxpdebugmbox and SWD is still not accessible.

The CMPA /CFAP used looks like that :

Aurelien_Grange_0-1654583848882.png

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aurelien_Grange 

I hope you are doing well!

I am afraid that there we do not have a  method to restore the chip's PFR ( for example ,restore CMPA and CPFA) as the chip comes from factory.

Generally speaking, if the PFR section is not sealed,  you may try to  restore several fields but there is a very high risk of bricking your part.

Are you able to show us your errors with Debug mailbox and the procedure you followed ? So we can try to determine the issue.

Let me know if there is any other question you may have.

All the best, 

Diego.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aurelien_Grange 

I hope you are doing well!

I am afraid that there we do not have a  method to restore the chip's PFR ( for example ,restore CMPA and CPFA) as the chip comes from factory.

Generally speaking, if the PFR section is not sealed,  you may try to  restore several fields but there is a very high risk of bricking your part.

Are you able to show us your errors with Debug mailbox and the procedure you followed ? So we can try to determine the issue.

Let me know if there is any other question you may have.

All the best, 

Diego.

0 Kudos

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

What are CFPA and CMPA to send to come back in non-secure mode?

0 Kudos

Aurelien_Grange
Contributor III

Hi,

I try to use MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning to come back in unsigned mode .

All command success (send empty CMPA, erase flash , and send binary) but since I can't connect with blhost, nxpdebugmbox and SWD is still not accessible.

The CMPA /CFAP is those i previously send

0 Kudos