How to avoid unnecessary NULL characters between UART transmission?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid unnecessary NULL characters between UART transmission?

Jump to solution
athmesh_n
Contributor IV

When datas are  send through UART RS485 lot of NULL characters which are not part of Datas come in between. How can we avoid unnecessary and random NULL characters coming in-between lines.

This is the required data:

1image.png

But the data we are getting is :

image.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
athmesh_n
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Thanks for your fast response,

LPC1517, and the issue has been solved because the sector contains 256 bytes, I wrote 128 bytes. so the rest was filled by NULL characters

Thanks and Regards,

Athmesh Nandakumar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ATHMESH NANDAKUMAR,

Please tell us what the LPC chip you are using? Please let me know the part number.

You said, the UART send out  a lot of NULL, do you check your code, is it really sent by the LPC chip?

If yes, then you can control your code, don't send that 0X00, this situation mainly your code problem.

Next time, when you create the question, please let us know the chip part number at first, it will be useful to the question analysis.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

athmesh_n
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Thanks for your fast response,

LPC1517, and the issue has been solved because the sector contains 256 bytes, I wrote 128 bytes. so the rest was filled by NULL characters

Thanks and Regards,

Athmesh Nandakumar

0 Kudos