Help using the SD interface on LPC1788 Development Board (Embedded Artists)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help using the SD interface on LPC1788 Development Board (Embedded Artists)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Wed Sep 11 09:01:45 MST 2013
I'm trying to use the SD interface that the LPC1788 Development Board(Embedded Artists) comes with, using FAT. Has anyone been able to run the example that embedded artists provides? Do you know another example that actually works using this board? Thank you very much.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Thu Sep 19 05:56:45 MST 2013
I'm still using EA software. The problem is that the hole project is based on EA software. ( the lcd, external memory and other peripherical are already running ok). I've tried to use LPCOpen SD library but it seems very hard to use it with EA software. All the definition files are different. Has anyone tried to improve EA software in order to be compatible with SDHC?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wells on Tue Sep 17 06:45:00 MST 2013
You didn't mention if you switched to the LPCOpen version or are still using the EA software.
The LPCOpen SDMMC driver will handle SDHC cards - even if you are using the EA software, you can use the enumeration sequence from the LPCOPen code as a reference to modify the EA code to get over 2GB.

The exact sequence is here:
http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/sdmmc__17xx__40xx_8c_source.html#l00844
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Sep 17 04:34:04 MST 2013
An SD card is defined to be up to 2Gb. An SDHC card is defined to be up to 32Gb. Presumably you need an SDHC driver...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Tue Sep 17 04:23:34 MST 2013
I've finally found the problem. I was using a Sd card with 4GB capacity. When I try it with a 256MB one, it runs perfectly. Does anyone know a library that supports SD cards with a capacity higher than 4GB???
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Sep 11 15:09:29 MST 2013
There's an example in the v1.03 LPCOpen release for the 1788/40xx.

http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/group___e_x_a_m_p_l_e_s___p_e_r_i_p_h__17_x_x40_x_x___s_d_c.ht...
0 Kudos