cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General USB question

christian_greni
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a question that I need to answer.  I have a USB device which I installed a mass storage class.  When I connect the device on the computer, it detects the drive and I can access to driver correctly.  I don't know how to handle the USB interface when the device is busy to do an other critical task.  For example, I don't want to copy a file in the drive if the device is presently busy in a critical task.   Actually,  I disabled the USB interrupts in the lpc microcontroller during the critical task... but after 1 or 2 minutes, the computer will not recognize the drive and I need to do unplug/replug the usb device to continue to work on the PC.  So It's not a good practice to disable USB interrupts... 

Thanks

Christian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Maybe you could try, without removing the interruptions, assigning higher priority to your critical process and a lower priority to USB.

Which device and USB Stack are you using?

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos