FreeRTOS LPCXpresso55S69 Devboard debugging problem ef(34)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS LPCXpresso55S69 Devboard debugging problem ef(34)

Jump to solution
jasper1
Contributor II

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

But when following the following example:

https://www.freertos.org/RTOS-Cortex-M33-LPC55S69-MCUXpresso-GCC.html

I can execute all the steps okay (I think). But only the last step not I get the following error screens:

ef(34): Timed-out initializing flash. See the attached screen shot. Does somebody know what goes wrong?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks!

Jasper

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
jasper1
Contributor II

Hello,

Finally solved the debug problem :smileyhappy:

I could solve the debug-problem through setting Debugger -> Configuration Options -> Flash Driver Reset Handling -> Select SYSRESETREQ in the launch configuration of the project (of the FreeRTOSDemo_s project).

(saw this via the thread: https://community.nxp.com/thread/500210)

Thanks,

Jasper

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
philipouellette
Contributor I

I am have a similar problem, except mine started when I tried to use the Erase Flash using Linkserver function.

Now, I am unable to debug using the Linkserver at all. Everytime I try to debug I get this error.

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=50988 -g -mi -2 -pLPC55S69 -vendor=NXP --bootromstall 0x50000040 -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=1 -cache=disable --flash-hashing --flash-driver= -x C:/Users/pouellette/Documents/Coding/MCUEXpresso/LPC55S69_Project/Debug --flash-dir C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.2.0.202007070855/binaries/Flash --flash-dir C:/Users/pouellette/Documents/Coding/MCUEXpresso/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/LPC55S69_support/Flash --telnet 3330
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: Success.
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=50988 -g -mi -2 -pLPC55S69 -vendor=NXP --bootromstall 0x50000040 -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=1 -cache=disable --flash-hashing --flash-driver= -x C:/Users/pouellette/Documents/Coding/MCUEXpresso/LPC55S69_Project/Debug --flash-dir C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.2.0.202007070855/binaries/Flash --flash-dir C:/Users/pouellette/Documents/Coding/MCUEXpresso/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/LPC55S69_support/Flash --telnet 3330
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: Success.

I tried every option for Flash driver reset handling: Default, VECTRESET, SYSRESETREQ and Soft and each time it failed to enter debug.

I tried a new eval PCB with the same results. I am about to uninstall my MCUExpresso IDE and reinstall it to see if that helps.

I could use some help.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jasper, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please check the examples provided in the LPCXpresso55S69's SDK?

If you added the Amazon FreeRTOS middleware component to your SDK, you should have some examples also installed that show you how to work with the OS.

Could you please try with one of these examples and see if the problem persists?

Best regards,

Sebastian

jasper1
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for asking. The example projects:

lpcxpresso55s69_hello_world

lpcxpresso55s69_led_blinky

They work fine, I can debug them with breakpoints and the console prints the output.

The error message in the console when try to debug: 

FreeRTOSv10.2.1/FreeRTOS/Demo/CORTEX_MPU_M33F_NXP_LPC55S69_MCUXpresso/Projects/MCUXpresso/Secure/Debug/LPC55S69.xml

is:

Flash Driver V.2 startup failed - rc Ef(34): Timed-out initializing flash.

chip initialization failed - Ef(34): Timed-out initializing flash.

failed to initialize flash driver LPC55xx_S.cfx

can't find a flash driver called ''

Last line is maybe a clue to this debug problem.

Is there an other FreeRTOS LPC55S69 example which I can test?

(BTW I am able to do a mass erase of the flash in between switching the examples, without any errors).

Thanks,

Jasper

0 Kudos
jasper1
Contributor II

Hello,

Finally solved the debug problem :smileyhappy:

I could solve the debug-problem through setting Debugger -> Configuration Options -> Flash Driver Reset Handling -> Select SYSRESETREQ in the launch configuration of the project (of the FreeRTOSDemo_s project).

(saw this via the thread: https://community.nxp.com/thread/500210)

Thanks,

Jasper

0 Kudos