cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash program the LPC11U37 on Android

LPCRun
Contributor I

Hi, 

we have one LPC deployed board connected with Android board via USB. The LPC needs a firmware update. 

Is it possible to flash program firmware of the board under Android?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

LPCRun
Contributor I

Hi Miguel, 

thanks for your reply.

I want to be specific, that the board having this LPC11U37 chip is connected to an Android board via USB. Because the whole system has been deployed and we can only access the LPC11U37 chip in a board as an USB device under Android.

Do you think it is possible to update the firmware of the LPC11U37 board via Android board through USB connection after it boots and run into Android system?

The LPC11U37 board has been integrated and cannot be taken apart separately. It would had been OK to program it on Windows if we could take it out from the installation and attach to our computer. But since the LPC11U37 board is fixed inside and connected to the Android board, it leave us only the way to flash program the firmware of it under Android.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LPCRun 

Thanks for the information.

If you can connect from the android to the LPC's bootloader via USB you should be able to update the firmware. Please look into this application note AN13183, I'll be looking for more information on your case, let me know if you have another question. 

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

LPCRun
Contributor I

Hi Miguel, 

I just found AN11305 is relevant, where I saw the linuxNXPISP utility tool but not sure if this is supported on Android. 

Best,

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LPCRun 

Sorry, we could not assure you it will work, but that application note could help you if it works with android.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LPCRun 

As long as the board has a bootloader, you should be able to program it.

Let me know if you have another question.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos