Error: "Device Configuration tool does not support selected processor" with LPC845M301JHI33

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Device Configuration tool does not support selected processor" with LPC845M301JHI33

tomchr
Contributor III

For whatever weird reason, the MCUxpresso IDE seems to have forgotten which processor my project uses. I noticed this when I went to set up some pins in the Device Configurator. I think this issue was caused by my renaming of the project. I did choose "update references" when I renamed the project through the IDE.

I've attached some screen shots. Is there a way to beat some sense into the IDE? I'm using the LPC845M301JHI33.

The other possibilities for how this happened is that I updated to version 11.2.1-4149 of the IDE, and that I switched from the LPC845-BRK, which uses the 48-pin version of the LPC845 to the 33-pin QFN version on a custom board. My software worked just fine until I opened the device configurator and clicked Update Code hoping to clear the error. Now it doesn't even compile because the constants for the various peripherals are no longer defined.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

tomchr
Contributor III

I don't have the Change Package menu item in my workspace. 

I started the project under version 11.2.0 of the IDE. The MCU I selected was the LPC845M301JBD48. I used an LPC845-BRK evaluation kit to get started while my custom board was being made.

My custom board uses the LPC845M301JHI33. It also uses a Segger J-Link PLUS for the programming. When I first plugged it in, I think I jumped the gun a bit and forgot to change the MCU. I just clicked debug without changing the MCU package. The Segger software complained that it could not find the LPC845, but had found an LPC845M301JHI33 and asked if I wanted to use that. I responded, "yes". At some point shortly after I received my custom board, I also updated to version 11.2.1 of the IDE.

I have not seen that Change Package option before. I did just now create a new workspace under version 11.2.1 of the IDE and I see it now. How do I migrate my 11.2.0 workspace to 11.2.1 so I can get the Change Package option?

Also, what's the best way forward? I suppose I can create a new workspace and set up the pin and peripheral configuration again, but I would prefer to not have to do that. Both because of the work involved but also because of the risk of setting it up wrong.

Tom

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello tomchr,

Just right click "MCU", it will show

12121212.jpg

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos

tomchr
Contributor III

It doesn't show when I right click MCU in that project. You can see the screen shot in my previous post.

How do I send a project to you without posting it publicly?

Tom

0 Kudos

tomchr
Contributor III

My current thinking is that it was the processor change that mucked things up. I was able to restore peripherals.* from backup and my code now compiles and runs. 

I'm still interested in getting the device configurator working though.

Is there an "approved" way of changing the processor type? I've tried re-selecting the LPC845 in the project configuration (right click MCU in the project tree and go from there).

Tom

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tom,

Do you mean you changed MCU as below?

Alice_Yang_0-1603875020763.png

Could you please send your project to me and also tell me the detail steps to reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos