cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emwin Memory usage

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by anuj.tanksali on Fri Dec 12 05:35:25 MST 2014
Hi

I have developed a Secondary Boot Loader on LPC1788. I am using Emwin Graphical library. my main application shows dialog boxes on LCD and everything is working fine. My LCD is 7" Hantronix LCD

I wanted to shown a progress bar on to LCD in Secondary boot loader code.
When i include the Emwin LCD driver in my Secondary boot loader code my code memory is around 11K but when i call GUI_Init
and compile the code memory jumps to 55K which is too high.

I wanted to use Minimum Emwin features and only draw a progress bar on LCD that too with code size less than 10K.
Is it possible with Emwin?

I looked at SWIM library by NXP itself. It is less in size but will have to port it according to my LCD.
so is there any better way to achieve it. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Anuj

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by anuj.tanksali on Wed Feb 25 10:09:21 MST 2015
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have already ported swim for my project using LPC1788 and Hantronix 7" LCD. I have downloaded the sample code for SWIM from NXP site only.

I configured the LCD pins, LCD initialization and LCD parameters to according to my application but nothing is displayed on the LCD. I am using 16 bit 565 color mode and 800x480 resolution.

When i use Emwin with same LCD parameters and initialisation it works fine.
Please if possible guide me to where am i going wrong.

Thanks

Anuj
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed Feb 25 08:16:17 MST 2015
Hi anuj.tanksali,

I misunderstood you when you said you wanted to decrease memory usage. If simply including GUI_Init() in your code causes the program size to increase too much for you, then there is not much you can do since our agreement with EmWin only allows you to use this standalone library. Since you just want to use a simple library to display text, you are better off using SWIM than EmWin.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by anuj.tanksali on Wed Feb 25 04:43:00 MST 2015
Hi,

Are you sure that my internal micro controller code size will reduce by decreasing the above mentioned method.
decreasing that did not change the code size it changed the SDRAM buffer size.
I want minimum code size < 10K using Emwin to only display text on LCD. is it possible?

Thanks is advance

Anuj
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Thu Feb 05 10:22:22 MST 2015
Hi anuj.tanksali,

When GUI_Init() is called, part of the routine is memory allocation for the GUI. How much memory that is allocated is decided by macros supplied in your code. You can try decreasing the amount of memory being allocated in GUIConf.c (the headers may be in a different file, but the memory allocation function should be in there).
0 Kudos