I am using LPC4337 in our new product, in that MCU USB pins permanently connected to windows host USB pins in the same PCB and the Boot pins we can't change in the field to update the firmware.
My questions are below.
1. Can we change to DFU mode using command from the host to update the firmware without changing the hardware pins manually?
2. can we connect USB interface pins without using USB ID pin(Because these pins are connected by default in the same PCB)
Kindly give the solution.
I get the reply is do not recommend use this demo to update firmware, because the dfu demo and dfu-util maybe do not match, and also this only can download firmware to RAM. Original words as below:
The issue could be due to the mismatch between the dfu demo and dfu-util tool since a long time has gone with different revisions...
To let it work, below points should be noted:
1. The value of USB idProduct should be changed in the array USB_DeviceDescriptor in the file composit_usbdesc.c as below:
change WBVAL(0x0089) to WBVAL(0x000c)
2. The size of command parameter -t should be changed to 512 with high speed USB. see below:
dfu-util.exe -t 512 -D iram_blinky.bin
1. It appears this command needs to be executed twice to work fine. I don't know why. It might be still caused by something mismatched between demo and tool.
2. The dfu demo only supports to load image to IRAM as mentioned in the readme.txt. This seems be not adaptable to update firmware in application.
Hi, I am using LPC4367 board, I have uploaded LPCopen3.02 dfu code into the target, once I plug into target USB it is showing as per below Image in the device manager.
When I open LPCscrypt and give boot_lpcscrypt.cmd, I am getting Error
Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
Cannot open DFU device 1fc9:0089
Cannot open DFU device 1fc9:0089
No DFU capable USB device available
Can anyone help what is the solution
Thanks in Advance
There is a way to enter DFU mode from application code, without modification of the boot pins.
I wrote that example a few years ago, when we still worked on the LPCWARE forum.
If I remember correctly, there is also another option to enter a firmware update using DFU, it's mentioned in this thread:
But I'm not perfectly sure if this meets your needs, I did not check the LPCOpen code for this specific example mentioned in the thread.
The USB_ID pin should be irrelevant for this process.
I have tried in LPC4367 using LPC open DFU composite example to load the firmware using DFU mode.
it will go to DFU mode, when changing from AppIdle to DFUidle by DFU detach request it will get error.
is there any difference in LPC4367 and LPC4337 or the DFU utility not supporting to LPC4367.
Because i didn't change anything in the example so it should work right.
Can you please tell me any changes need to be done in the firmware for LPC4367 and LPCopen 3.02 DFU firmware will support this MCU or not?
Thanks in advance.
I test on lpc4337 and lpc4367, all failed, lpcscript can't find DFU , the same error with
Do you meaning lpc4337 can work well on your side? Could you please share your steps and screenshots , thanks.
I didn't check with LPC4337.
Initially we were selected LPC4337into our project, due to EOL changed to LPC4367.
So i thought due to new MCU this example not supporting.
I am also facing same issue as Anusha.
You also observed same means what are the supported MCUs for this example?
need to change any ID in the example for different MCUs?
Can you please find this?