cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCDC LPC55S14

Nadia
Contributor III

Hello to all.

I am using for the first time the LPC55S14 microcontroller, I can't find much information about the DCDC converter, if someone could tell me where I can find more information. I already read the datasheet and the user manual, but I can't find much information.

My questions are:

Can this converter be used to power the microphone itself? If so, what would the hardware connections be like?
If it can't be used for this, what would be the connections to the micro so as not to use the dcdc?

Thank you very much. Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies

cwouse
Contributor I

I don't want to use the DCDC converter. What must I do with these pins if they're not being used?

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi there,

I'd like to know what the expected output voltage of the internal DCDC converter of the LPC55xx is, see red circled node in the screenshot below (copied from AN12325, page 2)? 

danielholala_0-1626429127607.png

That is, what voltage is at VDD_PMU typically? I know that according to the datasheet, VDD_PMU maximum voltage is 1.26 V. So the output node of the DCDC converter will be below this voltage. But what should I expect? 1.0 V? I'm designing my own custom board using LPC5526 and I'd like to verify that it is working properly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nadia,

There is an application note about LPC55xx DCDC, you can have a look:

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN12325.pdf  

BR

Alice

0 Kudos