Cursor position LCD display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor position LCD display

Arush08
Contributor I

Hi, I am a student who has recently started using LPC2148 Uc, I was interfacing the Uc with a 16X2 LCD display and I am facing certain problems. I am able to print strings on the first row, however I am unsuccessful in printing a string to the second line, I can see the cursor blinking on the second row, however nothing is printing. I tried printing "Hello" from 0x85, the first letter, i.e. H prints at the desire location, however everything after that is printing in the second row in reverse order. I am attaching the code here, can someone please explain what I am doing wrong,

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you tell us the part number of your LCD? how do you connect the LCD with the LPC2148?

BR

XiangJun Rong

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Arush08
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using an LCD module based on the HD44780, I am using it in 8 bit mode, connecting an external LCD module with the help of jumpers.

I re wrote the code for the display using the same logic, but this time instead of using IOPIN0 register I used IOSET0 and IOCLR0 to control the GPIO PINs and the display is working absolutely fine. Can you please explain the reason for this behavior.

0 Kudos