Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not stop ARM device!

Jump to solution
alessandromelin
Contributor II

Hello.

I am trying to load my code into a LPC2129 with ULINK2 and appears an error message saying: "Could not stop ARM device! Please check the JTAG cable". I tried to change the JTAG clock to 100 kHz and did not work. I tried with another ULINK2 but nothing changes.

If anybody could help me I would be so glad.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Labels (2)
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

According to the errata sheet for the LPC2129 and LPC2129/01: 
"Pin TD1 (pin 10) must not be driven LOW during reset. If LOW on reset the device behavior is undetermined." 
Make sure this pin is low during reset. 
You can also try holding pin P0.14 low during Reset. This will cause the device to enter bootloader mode. While in bootloader mode, you should be able to regain control of the LPC2129/01 using the JTAG interface.

Have a great day,
Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the following link and let me know if this helps, 

http://www.onarm.com/forum/8145/

Have a great day,
Sol

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
alessandromelin
Contributor II

Hello Soledad.

I tried doing what the forum says, but the problem is not solved, the same message continue appearing.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

According to the errata sheet for the LPC2129 and LPC2129/01: 
"Pin TD1 (pin 10) must not be driven LOW during reset. If LOW on reset the device behavior is undetermined." 
Make sure this pin is low during reset. 
You can also try holding pin P0.14 low during Reset. This will cause the device to enter bootloader mode. While in bootloader mode, you should be able to regain control of the LPC2129/01 using the JTAG interface.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note:

kouru
Contributor I

but how can we cofigure those 10, 14 pins using ulink pro

0 Kudos
alessandromelin
Contributor II

Hello Soledad.

First, I tested P0.10 to LOW but did not work, then I tested P0.14 to LOW and it worked. When I tried to debug I have to quit P0.14 from LOW but does not matter, now I can load the code and use the board.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos