cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy workspace to new folder --Error: invalid project path

Jump to solution
leo94
Contributor IV

I want to copy a workspace to my onedrive folder, for backup. 

Existing workspace: C:\Users\leo\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace 

Copying to (works): C:\Users\leo\Documents\trial_working\workspace

Copyting to (doens't work): C:\Users\leo\OneDrive\CODE\notworking\workspace

I am doing the following  steps: 

1. I am creating a new workspace: 

• file--> switchworksplace-->other --> C:\Users\leo\Documents\trial_working\workspace

2. Import projects I want to copy:

• import projects--> C:\Users\leo\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace 
  • selecting copy all projects into workspace . 

Import projectsImport projects

3. RUN:

• Build "app_demo_dp_blinky" --> WORKS

However if i repeat the process by creating a new workspace in  C:\Users\leo\OneDrive\CODE\notworking\workspace i get the following errors on blinky build: 

Errors with ONEDRIVE workspaceErrors with ONEDRIVE workspace

I have checked that the paths are present: 

Paths includedPaths included

thanks, 

Leo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Keep in mind that the NHS3152 SDK is not compatible with the latest version of the MCUXpresso IDE. This has to do with the plugin you need to install to get the device information in the IDE.

The latest version of MCUXpresso that you can use is v10.2.1. Or stick with the latest LPCXpresso version, 8.2.2.

KR,
Dries.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chrispflieger
Contributor IV

might want to open up the .cproject file in a text editor to look for some old paths that got left in there.

0 Kudos
leo94
Contributor IV

Hi, 

This is the path to the non working workspace: C:\Users\leo\OneDrive - Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna\CODE\NHS3152

I went thorugh the .cproject for the new oneDrive workspace, but i cannot find any unusual filepath. 

I also tried creating a new workspace on desktop, and that works. It seems to just be one drive. 

I have attached the zip folder (with cproject file inside) in which i created the workspace in onedrive. Since maybe the issue si with paths somewhere else? 

Online i found this possible reason: Real location of OneDrive folder I am ignorant in this area but maybe it could be helpful fo you. 

Here are the paths, with nothing unusual in the .cproject

The .cproject paths: 

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/inc}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/inc}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss/inc}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/mods}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/mods}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/mods}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss/mods}&quot;"/>

and 

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss/mods/chip_sel.h}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/mods/board_sel.h}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/mods/app_sel.h}&quot;"/>

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

A few things:

1. If you need to create a backup, please use a source code control system, such as GIT. It is much safer and keeps track of all of your source code revisions. There is a Git plugin available for LPCXpresso (it is called eGit).

2. Your version of LPCXpresso has been superseded by MCUXpresso - it is now on version 11. Your LPCXpresso is now nearly 5 years old

3. If you are going to send projects, please use Export - your zip file contains a lot of rubbish that is accumulated in the .metadata folder.

4. The zip file you have sent does not contain the missing folders. Try exporting and posting the original projects - we then have something to compare.

leo94
Contributor IV

Hi, 

Ok, I'll look into git and upgrading to MCUXpresso, i used LPCXpresso because of the Guide for NHS3152. 

I have exported the original projects to a folder, ZIPPED the folder, and attached it.

thanks, 

Leo

0 Kudos
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Keep in mind that the NHS3152 SDK is not compatible with the latest version of the MCUXpresso IDE. This has to do with the plugin you need to install to get the device information in the IDE.

The latest version of MCUXpresso that you can use is v10.2.1. Or stick with the latest LPCXpresso version, 8.2.2.

KR,
Dries.

converse
Senior Contributor V

OK, I see what has happened.

The "includes" that you are worried about - that just reflects your project settings. In your project settings, "Include paths" you have a reference to "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/inc}" which is a non-existent directory. So, just delete the reference and this will clean up the "includes" in your project.