Copy workspace to new folder --Error: invalid project path

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy workspace to new folder --Error: invalid project path

Contributor III

I want to copy a workspace to my onedrive folder, for backup. 

Existing workspace: C:\Users\leo\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace 

Copying to (works): C:\Users\leo\Documents\trial_working\workspace

Copyting to (doens't work): C:\Users\leo\OneDrive\CODE\notworking\workspace

I am doing the following  steps: 

1. I am creating a new workspace: 

• file--> switchworksplace-->other --> C:\Users\leo\Documents\trial_working\workspace

2. Import projects I want to copy:

• import projects--> C:\Users\leo\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace 
  • selecting copy all projects into workspace . 

Import projectsImport projects

3. RUN:

• Build "app_demo_dp_blinky" --> WORKS

However if i repeat the process by creating a new workspace in  C:\Users\leo\OneDrive\CODE\notworking\workspace i get the following errors on blinky build: 

Errors with ONEDRIVE workspaceErrors with ONEDRIVE workspace

I have checked that the paths are present: 

Paths includedPaths included

thanks, 

Leo

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Contributor IV

might want to open up the .cproject file in a text editor to look for some old paths that got left in there.

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi, 

This is the path to the non working workspace: C:\Users\leo\OneDrive - Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna\CODE\NHS3152

I went thorugh the .cproject for the new oneDrive workspace, but i cannot find any unusual filepath. 

I also tried creating a new workspace on desktop, and that works. It seems to just be one drive. 

I have attached the zip folder (with cproject file inside) in which i created the workspace in onedrive. Since maybe the issue si with paths somewhere else? 

Online i found this possible reason: Real location of OneDrive folder I am ignorant in this area but maybe it could be helpful fo you. 

Here are the paths, with nothing unusual in the .cproject

The .cproject paths: 

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/inc}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/inc}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss/inc}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/mods}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/mods}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/mods}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss/mods}&quot;"/>

and 

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_nss/mods/chip_sel.h}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/mods/board_sel.h}&quot;"/>
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/mods/app_sel.h}&quot;"/>

0 Kudos

Senior Contributor IV

A few things:

1. If you need to create a backup, please use a source code control system, such as GIT. It is much safer and keeps track of all of your source code revisions. There is a Git plugin available for LPCXpresso (it is called eGit).

2. Your version of LPCXpresso has been superseded by MCUXpresso - it is now on version 11. Your LPCXpresso is now nearly 5 years old

3. If you are going to send projects, please use Export - your zip file contains a lot of rubbish that is accumulated in the .metadata folder.

4. The zip file you have sent does not contain the missing folders. Try exporting and posting the original projects - we then have something to compare.

Contributor III

Hi, 

Ok, I'll look into git and upgrading to MCUXpresso, i used LPCXpresso because of the Guide for NHS3152. 

I have exported the original projects to a folder, ZIPPED the folder, and attached it.

thanks, 

Leo

0 Kudos

Senior Contributor IV

OK, I see what has happened.

The "includes" that you are worried about - that just reflects your project settings. In your project settings, "Include paths" you have a reference to "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/inc}" which is a non-existent directory. So, just delete the reference and this will clean up the "includes" in your project.