Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot flash LPC1549 firmware with USB on a Raspberry Pi

Jump to solution
michelkuenemann
Contributor III

Hi All,

I have developped an application based on an LPC1549. My customer updates the firmware thanks to the USB connectivity my board provides.

On a Windows PC, it works fine ( I first erase firmware.bin and then I drag and trop the new binary).

My customer uses exclusively MACs. He has issues with the drag and drop method, but a command-line copy into the device works fine.

In production, he plans to perform the update thanks to a Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately neither methods work until now.

The command line he uses is the following: 

rm /Volumes/CRP\ DISABLD/firmware.bin && cp -av M644_v02_05.bin /Volumes/CRP\ DISABLD/

Does someone now who to fix this issue ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Michel Kuenemann

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michelkuenemann
Contributor III

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally it works with the following command:

dd bs=1024 conv=nocreat,notrunc if=/home/pi/new_version.bin of=/media/pi/CRP DISABLD/firmware.bin

Michel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michelkuenemann
Contributor III

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally it works with the following command:

dd bs=1024 conv=nocreat,notrunc if=/home/pi/new_version.bin of=/media/pi/CRP DISABLD/firmware.bin

Michel

0 Kudos
p_barcinski
Contributor I

I used openocd to flash lpcs using RPI and it worked well.

0 Kudos
gipis33422
Contributor I

hello Piotr Barcinski i am complete beginner to microcontroller can you please tell me that which software do i use to upload boot loader to LPC1549JBD64 and which programmer should i use can stlink v2 will work or not

0 Kudos
p_barcinski
Contributor I

For edu solution can be use each interface from openocd supported list. Stlinkv2 too.

Better way is use lpclink from NXP, which is compatible with lpcxpresso, openocd etc.

In my opinion you should use lpcxpresso at the beginning because its complete tool to flash lpcs and debug.

PtR

0 Kudos