Cannot Find DFU-UTIL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Find DFU-UTIL

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

I have just spent a whole day getting my first LPC5502 project working.

Installed SDK - wouldn't work on MCUXPRESSO 11.1.1   --  Upgraded to 11.4.1 - then the peripheral views wouldn't work - reinstalled 11.1.1, which fixed the peripheral view, but the SDK didn't work and couldn't be deleted.

The Windows version of 11.4.1 will not communicate with the LPC5502, giving a "No SWD devices" error,  the Linux version doesn't communicate with anything giving a "Internal: unable to find DFU-UTIL" error.

What's missing?

11.4.1 on the old computer (Linux) will communicate with the 5502, but I cannot see any of the peripherals.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Here is the error message:

Internal: unable to find dfu-util

Internal: unable to find dfu-util
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.AbstractCommonDFUProbe.getDfuCommand(AbstractCommonDFUProbe.java:78)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.AbstractCommonDFUProbe.getAllDfuVidPids(AbstractCommonDFUProbe.java:60)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.AbstractCommonBootableProbe.getMyDfuVidPids(AbstractCommonBootableProbe.java:302)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.AbstractCommonBootableProbe.getNumDfus(AbstractCommonBootableProbe.java:331)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.AbstractCommonBootableProbe.requiresBoot(AbstractCommonBootableProbe.java:428)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getEmulatorInfo(EmulatorsDB.java:176)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getAvailableEmulators(EmulatorsDB.java:128)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.TargetDiscovery.getAvailableEmulators(TargetDiscovery.java:498)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.probeDiscovery(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:605)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.checkProbe(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:930)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.promptDiscovery(AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.java:1243)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.java:1371)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:468)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.NXPLaunchConfigUtils.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(NXPLaunchConfigUtils.java:302)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.NXPLaunchConfigUtils.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(NXPLaunchConfigUtils.java:383)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.NXPLaunchConfigUtils.createLaunchConfigurations(NXPLaunchConfigUtils.java:831)
at com.crt.quickstart.views.links.QSDebug.linkSelected(QSDebug.java:266)
at com.crt.quickstart.views.links.ui.QSLinkAction$2.run(QSLinkAction.java:139)
at com.crt.quickstart.views.links.ui.QSExpandBarSection$4.linkActivated(QSExpandBarSection.java:277)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleActivate(AbstractHyperlink.java:215)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.ImageHyperlink.handleActivate(ImageHyperlink.java:212)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleMouseUp(AbstractHyperlink.java:309)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.lambda$3(AbstractHyperlink.java:117)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5785)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1427)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:5048)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4526)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1157)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1046)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:644)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:551)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1461)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1434)

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ianbenton,

There is no Linux on my hand, I just check the version of Windows, it can work well.

So you can try to use the MCUxpresso ide on  Windows, if have issue, show your working steps,

i can help you check, thanks.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  ianbenton,

At Windows , Please download and install MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.1:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-i... 

SDK v2.10.1:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select 

If still have any issue, please take a video or screenshot show your debug stpes.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Downloading 11.4.1 seems to be what caused the problems. I could see the peripherals properly before then.

The peripheral viewing bug is mentioned elsewhere, but NXP have not suggested a fix.

I could send you a screenshot of the DFU-UTIL error, but I don't see how a screenshot showing exactly the same text that I quoted is going to help.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can add attachment at here:

Alice_Yang_0-1638176918008.png

Also could you please point me where mentioned "The peripheral viewing bug is mentioned elsewhere, but NXP have not suggested a fix.".

I haven't lpc5502 board, so I can't check on my side, could you please show the pictures on your side, thanks.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos