Can you RELOAD to get more than 1024 ADC samples consecutively on LPC5410x?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you RELOAD to get more than 1024 ADC samples consecutively on LPC5410x?

ChrisDarrow
Contributor III

I have a technical question on the LPC54102. For the DMA/ADC combination, it looks like a maximum of 1024 ADC samples can be stored with a  single DMA transfer sequence.  However, the DMA system allows chaining sequences via the RELOAD feature. My question is, in this case, do we get a perfectly timed ADC transfer rate across that boundary. In other words, I want 2000 ADC samples at a very constant 5 Msps all DMA'd directly into SRAM. Can this be accomplished with no chance of sample timing noise on the ADC, and no dropped samples?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris,

I think you can use DMA channel chaining to implement this function and if you also use other DMA channels, you may need to set this DMA channels(for ADC) is highest priority to avoid sample dropped. 

Have a great day,

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos