CAN fault recovery

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN fault recovery

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

So, if my CAN controller goes into a bus-off recovery sequence, INIT will be asserted, and I have to clear it to resume CAN bus operation, which it will do after 129 occurrences of "bus idle".

Is there anything else that has to be done? Such as the other procedures that are done during the first initialisation, like setting the timing values, initialising the message objects etc. or will it use the previous values?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Topic: CAN fault recovery
Date: 09-14-2020 01:43 AM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Does it look like I got an answer? Really?

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ianbenton

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you. My name is Omar and I will gladly help you with this.

Can you provide me the part number you are working with?

I'm awaiting your reply.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

It's an LPC1517, though I thought the CAN modules were identical in all the LPC micros.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ianbenton

You don't need to set any other configuration for the bus-off recovery. The steps are listed in the device user manual under chapter 27.6.1.1.

Clear the INIT bit, to start the bus-off recovery then use while to wait the bus off recovery is finished, Check STAT[LEC], if it is 0x5 and STAT[BOFF] =1, just wait.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Thanks.

I was just checking to make sure that all the object definitions are retained, and I don't have to set them all up again.

0 Kudos