Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard fault when programming LPC844 using LPC-Link2

Jump to solution
tomchr
Contributor III

Hello,

So... I'm not having the best day. I'm trying to program an LPC84x using the LPC-Link2. I have successfully programmed a Hello World example into the LPC845-BRK eval board (where I fitted the 10-pin programming connector CN3 and jumper JP2). The Hello World example is simply an empty semihosted C project from the MCUXpresso IDE. When I run this program on the LPC845-BRK I do indeed get "Hello World" printed in the terminal. Yay! 

Now I'm trying to get this working on a board of by own design. This board uses the LPC844 (LPC844M201JBD48E to be specific). The programming seems to go just fine, but I get a hard fault as soon as the first line of code is executed (HardFault_Handler() at cr_startup_lpc84x.c:322 0x1fa).

I have verified with an ohmmeter that the connections from the 10-pin connector to the MCU are good. I have verified that the target board does indeed get 3.3 V from the LPC-Link2. For the connections to the programming connector, I simply copied what was in the LPC845-BRK schematic (10 kΩ pull-up on SWDIO, SWCLK, and RESET). PIO0_12 is pulled high by a 10 kΩ pull-up. I have tried removing the pull-ups on SWDIO, SWCLK, and RESET as they're optional according to the data sheet. I've also tried with a pull-up on RESET and PIO0_12 only. No dice.

I bought the LPC844 from Mouser a month or two back.

I would appreciate any help getting this to work.

Thanks,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tomchr
Contributor III

Ya know... If you're using an LPC844, it may be worthwhile selecting "LPC844" instead of "LPC845" when creating the project. Grr! I missed that the Hello World for the LPC845-BRK is created for ... (wait for it) ... the LPC845 and my own board uses the LPC844. 

I recreated a Hello World for the LPC844 and all is well now. Yay.

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tomchr
Contributor III

Ya know... If you're using an LPC844, it may be worthwhile selecting "LPC844" instead of "LPC845" when creating the project. Grr! I missed that the Hello World for the LPC845-BRK is created for ... (wait for it) ... the LPC845 and my own board uses the LPC844. 

I recreated a Hello World for the LPC844 and all is well now. Yay.

Tom

0 Kudos