After using MCU-Link installer rev 3.108, only one MCU-Link device is listed (VCOM Port)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After using MCU-Link installer rev 3.108, only one MCU-Link device is listed (VCOM Port)

Jump to solution
killerqueen
Contributor I

I updated firmware on my MCU-Link Probe and after following the steps on https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-mcu-link:GS-MCU-LINK I noticed that only the VCOM port device was listed, instead of the 3 devices indicated on the tutorial.

Last year, when I first purchased a few MCU Link probes I used the MCU-Link installer rev 2.263 and with this version, the 3 devices were listed, namely, VCOM, and 2 HID devices. So then, I proceed to compare the "drivers" folder of each version and I noticed the revision 2.263 package has an extra driver, the HID driver. I copied this driver to the "drivers" folder of the rev 3.108 package and upgraded firmware again, updated the drivers from the windows device manager and still the 2 HID devices were not shown.

So my question is, is the firmware included in rev3.108 package missing something so that the 2 HID devices are also listed? Do we actually need all the 3 devices to be listed? If not, why and why it was included in rev 2.263 but not in rev3.108.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
1 Reply
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V