updating KDS and importing existing projects form workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating KDS and importing existing projects form workspace

ve3id
Contributor III

I just loaded KDS on a new computer (Thinpad T430) under SuSE linux leap 42.3 and my old projects are all restored inro ~/workspace.kds  I have slected that as my workspace.

I can't find a way to get the project explorer to show the projects.  Shouldn't it scan the workspace.kds directory when it boots?

If I try to import, it is looking for an archive file but the files are already in the workspace.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nigel,

thank you for the update.

KDS was replaced by MCUXpresso IDE, so currently there is no update planned.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

ve3id
Contributor III

Thanks for that.  So I deleted workspace.kds and copied the projects from my backup into a directory in ~/Documents called KDS_Backups.

I also downloaded the latest KDS frm the web site.

Then I executed your steps as above, with no prior workspace.kds (I even changed the workspace from within KDS to point to the directory where I had no workspace.kds since I deleted it before) and I got this:

"Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace"

I don't understand how kds can say the projects are there since I already deleted the directory that it is going to use!

Any help greatly appreciated!
Nigel

btw, this is only a problem in linux, I did exactly the same thing on my brand-new windows 10 laptop at the college and it worked exactly as advertised! At home I am all linux though.  Have been using kds for a year at home and never ha dthis problem before.

0 Kudos

ve3id
Contributor III

2017 12 18 Update:

I was able to recover my files only by doing a simple file import of my backup disk into the windows version of KDS, then saving them as an archive and copying them to the linux machine, where I imported the said archive,  Worked first time.

The linux version of KDS will not import projects in a saved directory on the backup, nor will it accept it if I ziup th esaved files.

This is tragic since it means that the only way to recover a file copy backup under linux is to go to a windows machine.

Are any developers of KDS monitoring this list that can take this as a biug report? 

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nigel,

try 'main menu - FIle - Import - General - Existing Projects into Workspace'. Select workspace directory. Do not select 'Copy projects into workspace'.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos