Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART_HAL_IsRxDataRegFull

Jump to solution
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Okay, I'll bite.

Using PE, if I add an fsl_debug_console component to my project, where do I find my UART's base address so I can use the UART_HAL_IsRxDataRegFull(uint32_t baseAddr) function in the inherited fsl_uart_hal component?

- Audi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Audi:

Two places I can think of:

1) Directly from the device header file. e.g for K64:

pastedImage_2.png

2) From the global array g_uartBaseAddr[], declared as extern in fsl_uart_driver.h, just provide the UART instance number as the array index (see this post):

pastedImage_12.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Audi:

Two places I can think of:

1) Directly from the device header file. e.g for K64:

pastedImage_2.png

2) From the global array g_uartBaseAddr[], declared as extern in fsl_uart_driver.h, just provide the UART instance number as the array index (see this post):

pastedImage_12.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Hmm.  So what you're saying is -- it takes experience.

I'm searching through my project's generated code and folders looking for something (I don't even know what), when it's actually buried in the libraries.

Okay.  Experience gained.

Thanks for the reply!

- Audi

0 Kudos