cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK2.6 composite cdc msc lite example with printf on the LPC54608

eileen_radzwion
Contributor II

Hello,  

I am trying to merge printf functionality from the hello world example in the sdk with the composite cdc msc example project.  the composite device project works fine, and i'm able to echo characters to the vcom port.  when i attempt to bring in the printf functionality though, i am not able to print to the vcom any longer, since the hello world example uses the fsl_debug_console definitions .  

i have reviewed https://community.nxp.com/thread/458760 and https://community.nxp.com/thread/435033, which are very similar except the sdk referenced is a different version and they both reference the freedom k22 board rather than an LPC. 

thank you,

Eileen

0 Kudos
3 Replies

eileen_radzwion
Contributor II

Hi,

I am able to get any support on this?

thank you,

eileen

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eileen Radzwion

Sorry for reply you so late, I wanted to make sure to provide you a detailed reply .

These post are from an old Sdk's so the steps required are very different. On the sdkv2.2 we don't have the serial manager that help us a lot in the usb configuration.

The example of hello world_virtual com solves our problem, please add the usb initializations that are crucial to have the printf functionality.

pastedImage_3.png

There are some other things to have in mind in. The composite example does not have the serial_port_usb file, you can find them at the sdk and add it to the components folder.

pastedImage_13.png

Please set the usbcdc macro and add DEBUG_CONSOLE_TRANSFER_NON_BLOCKING to the preprocessor.

pastedImage_19.png

pastedImage_20.png

Please refer to the hello world vcom example, it has the necessary configurations to have the printf working.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more specific questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eileen Radzwion

I apologize for the delayed response to your inquiry.

It is important to me that I provide a reply as full and detailed as possible. 

I expect that I will need a couple of additional days to gather all the required information.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos