cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Startup Files for Kinetis Bootloader

ashesman
Contributor III

Hi,

How come the startup files in the SDK do not match the startup files in the Kinetis bootloader?  It seems that it would make sense to have a common startup file that is kept up to date.  The SDK one is V2.9 and the bootloader one is V2.7.  I dont think I can just copy it over as there are a lot of differences (eg interrupt vectors have different names).

I want to launch the Kinetis boot loader from within my application.  I assume all that I really require is to bring in the bootloader configuration block and it will be OK?

Anybody had any experience using this bootloader?

The two startup files are attached.

Regards

Ashley

Original Attachment has been moved to: startup_MK22F51212.S.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: startup_MK22F51212.S.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ashesman
Contributor III

I did notice this in the bootloader reference manual which suggests I do not even need a bootloader configuration block (section 2.4):

Reads the bootloader configuration data from flash at offset 0x3C0. The configuration data is only used if the tag field is set to the expected 'kcfg' value. If the tag is incorrect, the configuration values are set to default, as if the data was all 0xFF bytes.

0 Kudos

Jmart
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ashley,

I'm working with the team to ensure this happens in the next version of the KBL. The goal is to use the same linker and startup files for the SDK and KBL.

Regards,

Jason

0 Kudos

ashesman
Contributor III

Awesome.  That would be great.  The bootloader also comes with its own copy of the SDK as well which is a little annoying.  It would be great if it shared all the common SDK library files...

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ashley,

I think you get the point, the two startup_xx.s is different for the bootloader project and application project, the bootloader need write the key words, timeout parameter... to the address from 0x3C0.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos