cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Thread-Stack for KW21D in Kinetis SDK

sebastian_mieth
Contributor I

Hello,  

in the manual for KW2xD ist says that the KW2xD's are capable of running the (Kinetis) Thread Stack. I'm using the KW21D256 but for this there is no example in the SDK for any connectivity. For the KW24D the Thread-examples exist in the SDK. Why it is not available for KW21D?

Thanks for your hints & with kind regards,

Sebastian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can use the demos for Thread in the MKW21D, just take into account the differences regarding the MCU's capabilities of memory, functionality and pin compatibility.

Still, if you are looking to work with Thread, please take into account that this MCU it's not recommended for new designs, if you are looking forward to work with Thread I would recommend you to check the MKW21Z.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

sebastian_mieth
Contributor I

Hello Estephania,

thanks for your answer.

Actually there are no Demos for KW21D in the SDK. Do you mean I can take the ones from the SDK for KW24D?

Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Just check and consider the differences between the chips and the rest should work correctly, for this you can change the files available for the KW21Din the following path :

<installation path>MKW2xD_ConnSw_1.0.2\devices

Hope it helps

Please take into account that this MCU it's not recommended for new designs, if you are looking forward to work with Thread I would recommend you to check the MKW21Z.

Regards,

0 Kudos