Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK driver version

Jump to solution
randolphwang
Contributor I

Dear my friends,

I have some questions.

I get SDK_2.2_MKL25Z128xxx4  from MCUXpresso Config Tools(SDK builder), and I find   there have too manay uart driver(such as: cmsis_driver_examples\uart\interrupt_transfer\ cmsis_usart_interrupt_transfer.c  &  driver_examples\uart\interrupt_transfer\uart_interrupt_transfer.c) , both of them are different, So my question is :

1. which driver version  I should choose, Why there have two difference uart-driver  version for UART( I know ,stm32 uart drivers is only one)

2. in file MKL25Z4.h, I find two type: UART_Type & UART0_Type

#define UART1 ((UART_Type *)UART1_BASE)

#define UART0 ((UART0_Type *)UART0_BASE)

what the difference between the two type,    and how to use it.  ( UART_Type is used for uart1,uart2 ?    UART0_Type is only used for uart0 ?,isn't it ?)

Labels (1)
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Randolph

Please use  driver_examples\uart, it is for KSDK. 

CMSIS driver is the standard api distributes by ARM for Cortex-M cores

Please check the reference manual for the difference of UART0 and UART1/2

Kl25z Uart 1.PNG.png

Have a nice weekend.

Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post is helpful, please click the Correct Answer button or helpful. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Randolph

Please use  driver_examples\uart, it is for KSDK. 

CMSIS driver is the standard api distributes by ARM for Cortex-M cores

Please check the reference manual for the difference of UART0 and UART1/2

Kl25z Uart 1.PNG.png

Have a nice weekend.

Daniel

Note: If this post is helpful, please click the Correct Answer button or helpful. Thank you!