cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS2 Component Library

Jump to solution
shauldorf
Contributor V

I think that missed something during KSDK_v2.0 installation or I didn’t understand the new concept.

I followed IVA and Erich posts.

• How to: install KSDK 2.0
  • Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

When I tried to create new project,  KDS2 component (peripherals) library is missing.

Is there any way to add peripherals or I have to use my FRDM-K64 as a bare metal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi shaul,

You don't have to use the FRDM-K64F in bare metal using the SDK v2.0: you can use FreeRTOS and/or Micrium uCOS RTOS. If you are looking for Processor Expert components: they do not exist for the Kinetis SDK v2: you can use the Kinetis SDK v2 drivers.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi shaul,

You don't have to use the FRDM-K64F in bare metal using the SDK v2.0: you can use FreeRTOS and/or Micrium uCOS RTOS. If you are looking for Processor Expert components: they do not exist for the Kinetis SDK v2: you can use the Kinetis SDK v2 drivers.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
shauldorf
Contributor V

Hello Erich and thanks for your response.

Because of lack of experience I will try to express myself carefully. 

I looked at KSDK2.0 folders structure and contents (using your MCUonEclipse post).

What I saw and tried (Hello word) isn’t the right example to convince . 
The API’s in Reference Manual are good for skilled users. I need peripherals pin configuration,
registers setup for different options,  exceptions handlers and so on. 
I don’t want to read hounded of pages most of them hardware oriented to understand peripheral 
configuration options and usage and nothing will prevent me from making setup mistakes.
For fast solutions something equivalent to PE is needed. 
I have been convinced by Freescale and a lot of posts (Element14, MCUonEclipse …) about PE effectiveness,
so why to stop it without giving any alternative.
At this point I'm not approaching a new tool and let’s hope that in the near future 
we will have enough demos to convince me that my judgment was wrong.  
0 Kudos