FreeRTOS + interrupt handling using KSDK 1.2.0 / KDS 3.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS + interrupt handling using KSDK 1.2.0 / KDS 3.0

Kewal
Contributor IV

I have been trying to get the interrupt working. Just a simple interrupt from a switch. As I am using safeRTOS instead of FreeRTOS which is a similar component but not same. OSAL layer for hte safeRTOS has been defined properly. The port interrupts are getting called but not able to really get an interrupt on a specific pin. To an extent, not able to pin down on the issue right now. Any guides or documentation which figures out interrupt mechanism on FreeRTOS would help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kewal
Contributor IV

I have actually configured the event to generate code for that particular interrupt. Now that I am seeing the error as  belowUntitled.png

Also, I am using IAR embedded workbench 7.2 to build my own project file with all the generated the source code from KDS (PE).

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kewal,

A quick test that can be done is inherent (but hidden) within KSDK_1.3 FreeRTOS power manager rtos demo.

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\twrk65f180m\demo_apps\power_manager_rtos_demo\power_manager_rtos_demo_freertos\iar

This example already sets up an interrupt handler for a push button switch on the board.

It takes some digging to find where all the magic is happening and making a small code edit too.

In board.h I had made edit:

#define BOARD_SW_NAME               "SW3"//DES was "SW1"

In gpio_pins.c I enable the interrupt for kGpioSW1 (which really is SW3 on the twrk65f180m):

const gpio_input_pin_user_config_t switchPins[] = {

{

.pinName = kGpioSW1,

.config.isPullEnable = true,

.config.pullSelect = kPortPullUp,

.config.isPassiveFilterEnabled = false,

.config.isDigitalFilterEnabled = false,

.config.interrupt = kPortIntFallingEdge                //DES was kPortIntDisabled

},

In gpio_pins.h header comments added:

enum _gpio_pins_pinNames{

kGpioSW1 = GPIO_MAKE_PIN(GPIOA_IDX, 10U), //DES SW3 on TWR-K65F180M Rev D

kGpioSW2 = GPIO_MAKE_PIN(GPIOA_IDX, 4U), //DES SW2 on TWR-K65F180M Rev D

Also in this header is following renaming:

#define BOARD_SW_LLWU_IRQ_HANDLER    PORTA_IRQHandler

The PORTA_IRQHandler is a default that is weakly defined in startup_MK65F18.s file.  When you implement the same name function in your application code you are overloading the function and it will be used.  This happens in task_lpm.c.

In task_lpm.c is where the Interrupt handler has been defined for the power management demo but it also will clear the GPIO Port A interrupt flag (Note Any interrupt for Port A pins go to one interrupt routine and that routine if more robust would determine which pin was the interrupt source but our demo doesn't do that).

/* IRQ handler for switch/button. */

void BOARD_SW_LLWU_IRQ_HANDLER(void)

{

#if 1           //DES 0=test, 1=default code

PORT_HAL_ClearPortIntFlag(BOARD_SW_LLWU_BASE);

#else

GPIO_DRV_ClearPinIntFlag(kGpioSW1);         //DES added...this does work too and the two statements are equivalent

#endif

}

Regards,

David

0 Kudos