Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from KSDK 1.2.0 to KSDK 1.3.0

Jump to solution
matthias
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a large project that has been created with KDS 3.0 using Processor Expert and KSDK 1.2.0. I would like to upgrade to KSDK 1.3.0, so I have downloaded and installed KSDK 1.3.0 and I also installed the KSDK 1.3.0 eclipe update in KDS.
How do I upgrade my project in order to use KSDK 1.3.0? If I change the Processor Expert KSDK path in the project settings I just get an error message (see below).

Best regards

Matthias

82984_82984.pngpastedImage_0.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

When you select the different version of the KSDK (e.g. KSDK 1.3.0), you can click on the OK button:

pastedImage_1.png

The Processor Expert offer to update the project to the new version of the KSDK, i.e. all components will be updated from the previous version to the new revision and all properties migrated. You must confirm the following dialog (click on the Yes button).

pastedImage_4.png

Your project will be updated.

Please note, that due to this updated it is strongly recommended review configuration of all components in the updated project. The new version of component can contain incompatible modification (e.g. a new property) and you must set the configuration (properties) accordingly.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

When you select the different version of the KSDK (e.g. KSDK 1.3.0), you can click on the OK button:

pastedImage_1.png

The Processor Expert offer to update the project to the new version of the KSDK, i.e. all components will be updated from the previous version to the new revision and all properties migrated. You must confirm the following dialog (click on the Yes button).

pastedImage_4.png

Your project will be updated.

Please note, that due to this updated it is strongly recommended review configuration of all components in the updated project. The new version of component can contain incompatible modification (e.g. a new property) and you must set the configuration (properties) accordingly.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
neilhancock
Contributor IV

When I tried the upgrade I've ended up with a PORTE Error. Any suggestions?

With the initial KSD120 based project the events.c: PortE_IRQHandler was renamed to PORTD_IRQHandler which worked which is where I handle an SD_Card presence.

PortE0-5 has the SD card.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
neilhancock
Contributor IV

I've recovered to a previous version (export to archive file, then import current workspace from archive file)

On the fsl_xx its says  the following -

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

I would recommend you to create a new community thread with this question.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

matthias
Contributor III

Hello Marek,

thank you for your answer. For some reason I did not see this dialog.

Regards

Matthias

0 Kudos
carloshass
Contributor II

Matthias,

I'm using KDS 3 and KSDK 1.2 too, and want to update to KSDK 1.3 too.

You installed the KSDK using "check for update" option or "install new software" ?

Regards,

Carlos Hass

0 Kudos
matthias
Contributor III

Hello Carlos,

I downloaded and installed KSDK 1.3.0 from Freescale's website (Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale) on my PC. Afterwards I installed the Eclipse Update for KSDK 1.3.0 that comes with the installation via "install new software":

pastedImage_3.png

Regards

Matthias

0 Kudos